"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sick Day

I'm not saying I like having sick kids...especially not the kind of sick that requires a bowl in bed...(and yes, that's a boy wearing his sister's pink headphones! I guess when you're that sick, you just don't care?)!


But my house is so calm and quiet on sick days, it's hard not to appreciate the opportunity to do things like this...

I hate it that I get so caught up in trying to keep my house clean, laundry done, food prepared, that I don't stop often enough to enjoy a good computer game in the hallway.

Or, a hand of GO FISH.



I don't want my dirty clothes to start rotting, or my kitchen to disappear under crusty dishes. But I need to remember to seize the moments when they come along, and play with my little kids before they don't want to anymore ;)

0 comments: