"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Perfect Weekend

If there is such a thing as a perfect weekend, we experienced one! The fake mini-vacation that I created in my mind for Thursday and Friday continued on thru the weekend! We had so much fun. One highlight was helping distribute food with Jacob's Well. We had so much fun we stayed longer than we had planned because "these people need us, mom", said my oldest child. (TEARS, I tell you!)

We moved on to my sweet nephew's first birthday party, which is about a 45 minute drive. Enjoyed every minute of it-the big kids in the back with their headphones on, and me and the three year old chatting it up in the front :)

Easter Services were beautiful, and my crew looked adorable as ever.


Don't they look like they're up to something?

I completed the cake sometime between Saturday night at 11pm and Sunday morning at 4:30am...




It was totally worth it! The boys loved it, and since it's made of cupcakes it was super easy to serve and created no mess.

At 1:30am in the middle of the cake decorating frenzy I was joined by this little sweetheart, who had a quick snack and a snuggle and headed back to bed.


The daddy got home from work around 3:30am, after stopping at the gas station for quarters to fill the easter eggs, and a breakfast treat for "E. Ster Bunny" to leave the kids.




They love these little games!! I refuse to lie about the Easter bunny (or anything else for that matter). When they ask me if Santa is real, I make it really clear that while I don't believe he's real, it's OK if they think he is. And, I write notes and hide eggs and leave out milk and cookies and fill stockings in the middle of the night! It's great fun, and I truly enjoy seeing them all a twitter over this stuff.

I'm sure our neighbors were thrilled with the shrieking and laughing that was going on at 8am Sunday morning.



We spent Easter day with my husband's family, and celebrated the boys' birthday at the same time. I love doing birthday parties-the planning, the shopping, the anticipation, the last-minute scrambling, the satisfaction after it's all over and everyone's had a great time. BUT, throwing a cake into the middle of a holiday celebration works sometimes, too. ;)


I slept like a ROCK Sunday night, and woke up like nothing had happened Monday morning! Perfect!!!

0 comments: