Free Cuss Day is a day when you are allowed to cuss, with a few rules. #1-you are not allowed to use the Lord's name in vain. No exceptions. #2-you aren't allowed to drop the F-bomb. Although if you're totally, 100% kidding, you might be allowed to say "Eff", which refers to the F-bomb, and only because everyone knows it's a joke it's OK. #3-you can't call anyone cuss-names, because that's just mean, even as a joke. The origin of Free Cuss Day is questionable, and I'm unsure how widely it is practiced...
Top Ten Reasons I might declare such a day:
10. A flat tire (or any similar car problem) with a van full of kids and groceries, in the Wal-Mart parking lot.
9. Having to wear my husband's belt because mine is too small.
8. Realizing that I forgot to put on makeup, after I've spent an hour in public (or at work).
7. Setting meat out to thaw, putting it in the microwave to keep the cat from getting it, and forgetting about it until the next morning.
6. The nurse at my child's school calling me, for the fifth time in one day.
5. Getting puked on.
4. Spending more than 10 minutes on the phone with any company, for any reason.
3. Turning on the air conditioner for the first time of the season, and discovering it doesn't work.
2. Discovering I'm out of Diet Mountain Dew.
...and, the NUMBER ONE reason I might declare a FREE CUSS DAY...
1. The police getting called to my house for any reason (even if they start and end the conversation with "I know this is ridiculous, and I'm sorry").
And, I might blog about my NUMBER ONE reason, a different day, when it strikes me as funnier than it does right now!
What's on your top ten?
Choosing to love,