"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, May 28, 2010

Skinny Beach Club progress, and a Wheelie


Avocado spread production...doesn't that chili pepper look awesome?



Looking a little less awesome here, pre-blender stage.



Looking positively disgusting here.  I put 2 tbls of spread in each, and froze them.  Once they are completely frozen I'll pop them out of the trays and put them in a Ziploc freezer bag.  That way, I can pull out one at a time for a sandwich.  A few seconds in the microwave, and viola!  ***This brings back many, many fond memories of my baby-food-making days.  Many, many, many late nights spent in my kitchen with that blender and those ice cube trays!  BIG SIGH for babies growing up and being able to chew their own food :)***



That's one piece of romaine lettuce (basically 0 calories), topped with one slice of provolone (170 calories, 5g fat), 3 big slices of turkey (50 calories), 1 tbls avocado spread (17 calories, 1.5g fat), 1/2 tbls miracle whip (20 calories 2g fat or less), sprouts.  Total: about 260 calories, about 8g fat. 

I made a test wrap and fed it to my sister-in-law, who suggested more avocado spread, so I made the cubes 2 tbls (35 calories, 3g fat). Thanks for being my guinea pig, Misty! :)


It honestly tasted really good.  I think the next time I make the spread I'll use less onion...and I'll top the whole thing with tomatoes and cucumbers from my garden!  I'm also going to buy my provolone at the deli counter, and ask them to slice it REALLY thin.  The cheese I happened to have on hand was sliced really thick.  I bet if I had it cut half as thick I'd cut out some significant calories and not sacrifice too much taste.  And, my goal was to get it to be around 200...


And, just for fun, here is one of the "reasons" I need to stay away from carbs until I look like Britney Spears (she might be crazy, but she has a smokin' bod, no one can deny that!)...


Popping a wheelie on your sister's Barbie bike is about as cool as it gets when you're TWO :)

Choosing to love,
Becky

3 comments:

Gu34 said... Best Blogger Tips

I didn't even think of freezing the spread! Great Idea. I think I'll be having a few of those myself. Now I just have to get to the store.. =)

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks like a re-creation of the Beach Club Unwich from Jimmie John's. I ate that when I was on the south beach diet that one week. :) It's good though!

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes it is totally the Unwich fromm Jimmy John's! I thought I could get the whole thing under 200 calories including a homemade french roll, but I don't think it's going to happen. Darn carb! South Beach diet for one week, so funny, I remember it!!