"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, May 14, 2010

You do what you gotta do...

Yes.  As a matter of fact, I DO bribe my children to stay in their own beds at night.  It works.  Don't judge me.  In less than a week, they'll forget about that candy I won't see them for 11 hours straight at night for months on end.  Usually, it's a stomach flu or thunderstorm that will break the habit, and all of a sudden my double bed is stuffed full of kids by 3am.  So, a few nights of promising refined sugar in the morning, and Viola!



My poor, deprived, socially stunted children don't watch much TV.  We rent movies on the weekends, use TV for a reward, and reserve it for long stretches of illness.  Thank you, PBS, for saving my life when all of my kids are vomiting with fevers and I just need an hour or two to catch up on laundry!  However, I have decided that 30 minutes between lunch and naps is a GREAT time for some cartoons!  This is my garage.  Those are my two later-nappers.  That is the giant screen TV from 1980 or so; we inherited it from my husband's parents when they upgraded a few years ago.  That is the treadmill that I bought off craigslist, which I use for those 30 minutes.  A.W.E.S.O.M.E.



This is one of the torn up, 15-year-old duffel bags, that my rock star DJ husband has been hauling cords and music in for the last several years.







These are the bins I bought to replace the duffel bags.  I can't believe DJ Steele has been rockin' it in such ghetto style for so long. 



When you have no bottom teeth, you use a lot of determination and facial expressions to chow down a peanut butter cookie ice cream sandwich.  Those sandwiches are so good, and I think about them every minute I'm on my treadmill watching Max and Emmy at 11:30am.



I will probably end up framing this picture of Reise.  When I said-make a normal face-this is not exactly what I had in mind.  But, she's right, this IS normal for her. Love her so much, I can hardly stand it. 


Dear Dt. Mt. Dew, I know you are not a healthy beverage choice.  I  know that by drinking you, I am filling myself with chemicals and replacing healthy drinks like WATER.  I can't help it.  I love you. You lace my mornings and afternoons with happiness.  You make me a better (or maybe just a more alert) mom, I SWEAR.  If I die sooner because of your toxic affect on my body, so be it.  I will die a happy woman.


Morning candy, mid-day TV, soda guzzling, ice cream cookie eating...sounds horrific ;) You do what you gotta do, right?

Choosing to love,
Becky

3 comments:

Dave said... Best Blogger Tips

Holy smokes does Reise look like you in that picture. Very cute, def. frame-able.

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips

I thought it was Max and Ruby...oh wait, never mind. Dragon Tales. Got it! :)

Stefanie said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm just saying... ice cream sandwiches are pretty awesome, aren't they!