"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, June 28, 2010

A Day at the Ballpark

My handsome husband and I made a very quick trip to Kansas City on Sunday to see the St. Louis Cardinals play the Royals.  I married into a family of huge Cards fans, and discovered that I really enjoy baseball.  Indoor sports are not for me, and I've always known this.  Loud gymnasiums with weird lighting and stinky, sweaty people all crammed in together with no windows??!!  No, thanks.  The sound of shoes screeching on the wood floors makes my skin crawl.  The buzzers, the whistles, did I mention the smell...I don't like any of it!!  Whew, I'm glad I could get that off my chest!!

Mama needs a pedicure, right? 

This is my husband's imaginary boyfriend.  He's pretty dreamy really, I can't blame him for checking his stats constantly and talking about him every day. 

The outdoor sports are totally more my style!  I was so relaxed and warm, I literally caught myself falling asleep several times.  The fact that I'm generally sleep-deprived could have had something to do with it.  The sugar crash I was experiencing could also have had something to do with it.  But, really, the warm air, the white noise of the crowd, actually sitting for a significant stretch of time...pretty wonderful sleeping conditions!

Hello, funnel cake. 
 

Sports fans really intrigue me.  My husband's obsession with Albert Pujols isn't unusual, evidently.  Grown men wear clothing with their sport idol's name and number on it!  So weird.  I know it's not new, but I still think it's weird.  I do love me a little Molina tho, I must admit. 

I'm so thankful for my brother and his wife, who kept our little babies while we were on our 12-hour whirlwind trip to watch baseball!  The kids had a blast, and I love that they got to do a little bonding with these really awesome humans we're blessed to be able to call family.


They were all snuggled up watching movies when we got back...pretty cute!


See, there it is again.  That sign that everyone had a great day.  Rowen is sleeping under that blanket, it's not just his arm riding in that seat!  Such a crazy boy.  


Choosing to love,
Becky

2 comments:

Amie said... Best Blogger Tips

Ok, I follow your blog but don't post often, but that car-sleeping photo? PRICELESS. Total proof of a great day had by all.
-Amie

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips

Max sleeps exactly like Rowen, has to be swaddled completely in a hot soft blanket, even when it's sweltering out, lol! Precious.