"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A First Last

We survived our first "last day of school" today.  Ryleigh has successfully completely Kindergarten, whew!

I surprised her for lunch...

Mitch packed her lunch bag with empty containers, and put a note in the sandwich holder telling her that I was coming and bringing Chinese.

I watched her find out in the nurse's office and took pictures paparazzi style.  {It was really fun.}

Nurse Nancy, you have really been wonderful to my girl Ry this year. Thank you for playing up the surprise!


"Thank you mom, you are the BEST!"...my girl totally gets how tricky it is for me to get out of the house and spend kid free time with her. She gets it, doesn't complain about it, and truly appreciates it when I make it happen.


Christian and Parker, thank you for walking with Ryleigh to our meeting spot every day this year. There were several times I was so very glad you were there, and she wasn't walking alone. Like the time she got run down by a kid on his bike, and you picked up her bag and helped her the rest of the way.  And the times I ran a little late and you hung out until I got there.  And the time she had a scary low blood sugar, and I thought "what if she'd been alone?"  I'm glad she wasn't.  You crazy boys are awesome!


Hip, hip hooray for 11 weeks of summer fun awaiting us...we are going to enjoy every single minute.

Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: