"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Granola

I tried my gal pal's granola recipe yesterday, and it was awesome!  I am really struggling with finding good snacks for my kids that we can take on the go.  Or, to just have around the house to pull out for a quick bite.  I refuse to go back to buying giant boxes of crackers and cookies with no nutritional value!  If you have any good ideas, please SHARE!!

 

I had to make two batches because I burned the first. What can I say?  We were outside riding bikes and took a little longer making it around the block than I anticipated ;) 

The second batch was perfect, altho I will say that my oven cooked it a lot faster than Robyn's.  I might need to tinker with it a little more, but I'd say I was closer to 90 minutes at 250* (as opposed to the 2 hours and 10 minutes).

**Granola Update HERE**

Anyway, "Happy Baking", hope you try it and love it!  And share your quick, kid-friendly, healthy snack ideas! ;)

Choosing to love,
Becky

4 comments:

Robyn said... Best Blogger Tips

I've wondered about my oven. I need to get an oven thermometer to ck the temp .... sorry about the first batch burning. Could have been my fault. If you get more snack ideas ... I'd love to hear them. I hate buying packaged crackers too & that's what we have most of the time. That or fruit.

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, I take full responsibility for the first batch, I went outside knowing full well I'd have to come back and check periodically! Just didn't happen ;) but, bikes were fun and they were totally worn out so I had time to make another batch later!

Lynne said... Best Blogger Tips

This might be worth a try. I loved this blog. Stefanie made a resolution in 2008 to use her crockpot to make something new every single day of the year. Not as much fun as your 100 day challenge, but hey . . . :-)

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/11/crockpot-granola-recipe.html

Cia-Cia said... Best Blogger Tips

Laughing out loud at Lynne's comment about the 100 day challenge! You crack me up!