"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Hit of the Day

My most recent facebook status:

"My house is torn to shreds. My yard is full of water balloon shrapnel.  My children are on a huge sugar high and might not fall asleep tonight. Only 2 out of 5 made it into the bath before bed.  The 3 that didn't make it still smell like sunscreen. I am so tired I might slip into a coma. {I think this is all proof we had a great time celebrating a BIRTHDAY!}"  


We had a great day. 

We went nonstop at the sprayground.

Well, we stopped to eat.  Hello, Rowen.  Belly on up to the bar, why don't you?

And, we stopped to open presents. The girls haven't had a "friend" party the last two years.  We have a huge family and they are spoiled by their aunts and uncles, and extra spoiled by their grandparents.  They felt so special today knowing their buddies picked stuff out just for them.  We are blessed with really awesome friends.


And then just as our shriveled bodies were starting to get all dry and smooth again, we headed out to do water balloons in the yard. 100 balloons, to be exact.

We ordered pizza for dinner.  Dear Valentino's, you make the best pizza on the planet.  No other comment necessary.

We played "Fashion Store".  Our ladies recently opened a store.  You have to pay one penny (real, not pretend!) per service.  Services offered include hair styling or massages.  All proceeds will be donated to JDRF.  I paid a quarter that I stole from Mitch's bathroom counter.  My feet were massaged 20 times (by Rugger's count) and Reise styled my hair twice.  So, I guess they still owe me three of something.  That's OK.  As far as I can tell, the store will be open indefinitely. 

We read books.  Maeson, your enthusiasm and love for "Five Little Monkeys..." makes me laugh so hard I cry.  I am so thankful that I have five little Sallinger monkeys to name as I read that book.  "Maeson fell off and bumped his head..."  It's funny every single time!

We watched the National Spelling BeeI'm sorry, girl who missed the word "rhytidome", but thank you for helping to increase Ryleigh's and Rugger's vocabulary.  They spelled it out for the rest of the night. 

AND, the biggest hit of the day? 

This little gem is what the boys took home as a party favor:


 

FLARP.  You can buy it for $1 at Wal-Mart.  I am fearful that some of our guests' parents might find it rude.  That fear is immediately and completely stifled by the sound of my own hysterical laughter.

The girls got hula hoops.  I know, I know, I'm feeding into all those gender stereotypes. 

Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: