"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, June 18, 2010

Jenny's Dip

I am not a foodie (because I don't have the time).  But, for some reason, I keep posting about food.  Whatever!  This is a dip/salad my cousin shared with me yesterday and I can't stop eating it.  I can't decide if it's a dip or a salad.  You scoop it up and stuff it into your mouth via a chip (blue corn, if you can find it, which I could NOT), so that makes me think dip.  But, it's so chunky it also makes me think salad.  Either way, it's delicious and I never would have made it in a million years if I'd seen the recipe and not been able to try it.



1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas) drained
1 can black beans drained
1 can corn drained
1 small. yellow onion
1 handful sugar
1 dash salt

Squeeze the juice from 4 limes (at this point I said, do you just buy the bottle of lime juice? and she said, no.)
Add about 1/2 to 1/3 cup italian dressing

Let all that sit in a covered dish overnight in the refrigerator.

The next day dump it all into a strainer to drain the juice out, then add:
2 avocados (chopped)
1 bunch of cilantro (chopped).


I promise you, it's amazing.


And, just because the weather has been so weird around here,


and our hair has been looking like this from the crazy humidity,


Choosing to love,
Becky

5 comments:

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips

Where did you get your avocado? Yours are WAY prettier than mine were!

Dave Rowe said... Best Blogger Tips

Stef had a recipe similar to that, which was a hit with our small group. I'm not a beans guy, so I can't attest to it.

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

I must have missed Stef's recipe, but Jenny saw it and said she thought it was similar. I am also very anti-bean most of the time, but completely surprised by this one!

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, and the avocados were from HyVee, where I was trying to find the blue chips!

Lynne said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks yummy! I think avocados are on sale at Hy-Vee.