"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Loving right now...

Well, first of all...I'm NOT loving the Bumpit!  I was so mad at it last night that I carefully packed it all back into the box so I didn't throw it across the room.  Really, it was funny.  I'm going to try it again and have my handsome husband video it.  It will surely be good for a few laughs, if nothing else.

I'm loving being a stay at home mom.  My kids can wake up leisurely and wander out to the living room in their pajamas.  Mix-matches pajamas, since Daddy did bedtime last night.  It's summer, which I am also loving, so there's no rushing or hurrying to get breakfast done.  The windows are open and the birds are chirping, and it's just blissful to snuggle on the couch for a while before the day starts.

I didn't print off my daycare schedule this week and hang it on my fridge like I usually do.  My girl Ry goes there every morning because she likes to know what we're eating, where we're going, what we're doing.  I am LOVING that about her.  She loves order, structure, plans and lists.  A girl after my own heart.  I am also loving that she can go with the flow, and break out of the routine now and then.  See, a girl after my own heart.

I am loving the library summer reading program.  My chickens are reading like crazy, and I just can't think of a better gift to give a kid than a love for reading.



I am loving Becky's Bedtime Bootcamp.  After several weeks of summer party nights over here, it was time to get back to happy decent bedtimes.  It's been fun, but everyone's happier when they've had enough sleep.  So, we're well on our way to going to bed cheerfully, before 10pm (like, closer to 8!), sleeping through the night, and getting up early enough to start our day before 9am.  After five nights of going to bed cheerfully and staying in bed, each kid gets to go on a date of their choice with the parent of their choice.  We are all looking forward to those dates!  Reise is trying to figure out how to get a two-fer.  "So, can we go to the pool, and then stop to get our nails painted on the way home?"  then... "How about we bring our nail polish TO the pool, and paint our nails there, and then stop for ice cream on the way home?"  This was after she spent five minutes listing all the reasons she would not be getting out of her bed.  "I won't get out of my bed and wake you up. I won't sneak into your bed. I won't sneak into your room to get chapstick."  I am loving her!!

Cool nights with the windows open and cool mornings for baking.  Cool enough afternoons that I can leave my air conditioner off and hear my chickens in the back yard through my kitchen door.  I love hearing what they talk about, the things they come up with, the games they make up. 

I am loving potty training.  Call me crazy, but I love this stage of life!  It's so much work, but two year olds love to accomplish stuff.  They learn so fast, you have to pay attention every second or you'll miss something!  Next thing you know he's singing all the words to every Michael Jackson song on the album.  I am loving how relaxed I am with child #4.  I don't think I was particularly anxious with my first, but I definitely think the last couple kids benefit from all the experience I got from the first couple ;)  Hooray for potty training!

Late night pizza with my handsome husband.

Sonic Happy Hour.  I hope they never take this away from me.  Sonic, can you hear me?  Happy Hour is a bright spot on a drab afternoon, and can turn around a sour day instantly.  Worst case scenario, I'll still buy your drinks at full price...but it won't be the same. 

Toddler tan lines.  Even with SPF 50 reapplied twice in a few hours, those babies just soak up the sun.  I am especially loving those bright white buns in the bath tub!  It doesn't get much cuter, if you ask me.

Everyone is loving our new summery kid dishes.  Aren't they fun?  Thank you, Target clearance!  The only problem I see is we won't be able to tell who's cup is who's throughout the day.  I am thinking about getting some thick colored rubber bands and designating a different color for each person.  Then we can just switch the bands out each day for a new cup.  Hmmm...


Um, those half eaten sandwiches and greasy plates look delish! Eeew!  Oh, well.  This is real life, folks!
 

I am loving this week of anticipating a long holiday weekend.  Making my grocery list yesterday for the week totally got me in the mood.  Chips, pickles, brownie mixes, crystal light packets...all sitting in my basement closet ready to be packed into coolers and hauled out to the lake.  DJ Steele is working a big party, and we're going to tag along.  I am envisioning myself in a lawn chair sipping a cold Diet Mountain Dew, relaxing while the kids run around dancing and playing with bubbles.  In reality, I'll probably sweat my face off and won't sit down once because I'll be too busy chasing Rowen ;)  HA!  Oh well, it'll still be a blast, and they'll eventually wear out, probably be tired enough to sit through the fireworks display!

Choosing to love,
Becky

1 comments:

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips

My mom and I were looking at those dishes! So cute. She ended up getting the 4th of July pattern. :)