"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Meet Sadie

I'm not the type to "rescue" things, especially high-maintenance things.  It's not that I don't care about whatever it is that needs the rescuing, it's just that I am busy. So, I will call the humane society if there's a stray dog hanging in our yard for a day.  But I probably won't name it and let him live with us.  Catch my drift??

Meet Sadie.


Poor thing.  I think she got blown out of our tree (along with her little brother, R.I.P.) and we found her in the middle of the yard with the sun just blazing down on her.  She had her little mouth wide open, obviously hungry!!  What could I do?  I knew if we left her there our cat would take care of her...but, the kids would not understand that "logic".  I do have some compassion, for pete's sake!


So, here we are, feeding this bird by hand every hour.  (Only during the day, mama doesn't get up in the night to feed birds!)  I don't think she's hurt, just too little to make it on her own.  Hopefully we can keep the cat away from her long enough to get her a little bigger and she can take off on her own. 

Hope Sadie likes to go camping, because we're bringing her along, heaven help me.

Choosing to love,
Becky

1 comments:

Amie said... Best Blogger Tips

Awwww, what a sweet thing to do! I hope she makes it. What a great lesson for the kiddos!