"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

random updates

Random updates on some of the goings on around here...


Garden:  FAIL.  I have a few theories as to why we have nothing, not a single veggie!  I may have planted too many things in a very small space.  They are growing, but maybe lack sufficient room to produce??  Then, maybe not enough water?  We've had plenty of rain, but I haven't really watered besides that.  I don't know, maybe it's just a bum year!

Dishwasher detergent:  Still haven't found a good mixture.  Soaking my dishes in vinegar completely got rid of the residue, but I'm still tinkering with the detergent.  I put vinegar in the rinse agent spot in the dishwasher, and haven't noticed much of an improvement.  And, really, it's not bothering me enough to work very hard at it!  :)

Summer:  Still going way too fast, I panic every time I write the date and feel it getting closer and closer to August.  Just typing the word "August" right now is pushing me to the verge of tears :(

Basement office: Was clean and clear and feeling spacious for a while.  It's starting to get out of control again, I have piles of bills to go through, etc.  I'm thinking about finding a cool, fun, interesting chair (maybe on craigslist!) to use at the computer.  Maybe a bright area rug...  Anything to make me want to spend more time in here and get my work done!

Laundry: I have been the master of my laundry for the last several weeks.  I am on a roll, and no one can stop me.  Vacations haven't even thrown me off, I leave with empty baskets, then return home and get on top of our dirty stuff right away.  I feel totally accomplished when I have a couch free of folded laundry, and the basement bathroom isn't overflowing with overstuffed baskets! 

Speaking of, better go switch over the load I have going right now, and play a little Hi Ho Cherry O with my big chickens before my itty bitty chickens wake up!

Choosing to love,
Becky

2 comments:

Lynne said... Best Blogger Tips

While I'm hesitant to ask, I've been wondering about the bird rescue operation.

Chickadee said... Best Blogger Tips

Becky, did you read my post today about the dishwasher detergent issue. I only use Finish Electrasol tabs and have no issues. Try it and let me know. It has worked for everyone else I have told to use it. Like I said in my post today, if you have a lot ot residue you may need to dishwasher cleaner first and then switch to the tabs.

You're opening post on your blog is so inspiring. I had no idea about the hard road you guys have had but I admire your for Choosing to Love even when it is hard! You're awesome!

Love, Nikky