"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Saturday, July 24, 2010

this little chicken went to market...

Gosh, I am loving weekends lately.  Working so much during the week makes me appreciate my time alone with my babies just a little more.  They are growing so fast, and summer is going to be over before I know it. 



The chickens and I met my sister and her boys downtown at the Farmer's Market early this morning.  We got a break from the unbearable heat and enjoyed a cool breezy start to the day.  Daddy enjoyed sleeping in, after working really late last night.  (Who's idea was it to allow clubs in Nebraska to stay open until 2am, anyway??)


We bought giant caramel cinnamon rolls and lemonade, and snacked on fresh cherry tomatoes as we wandered around.  I felt totally relaxed, the people and breeze creating a kind of white noise I probably could have fallen asleep to.  

We added to Ryleigh's rock collection...


and checked out the trains...


and stopped to take some pictures.




It felt good to be out and about with my smoochers, weaving in and out of the crowds with just a single umbrella stroller.  I missed the storage (and the cup holders!) that my bigger strollers provide, but I love how easy-breezy I felt with less to manage.  It's bittersweet to realize how big my kids are getting.  Really, they could all have walked, no stroller necessary.  But, I'll probably let Rowen play the baby and ride as long as he wants ;) 

I bought my first Christmas present, and spur of the moment decided to try and get all my shopping done this summer.  (I technically haven't actually fully bought that present, I still owe my sister $4...don't let me forget, Tiff!) 

We topped the morning off with an hour at the park, and I drove home thinking this is good, it's only noon, we still have 3/4 of the weekend left...

Gosh, I am seriously loving weekends life right now!

Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: