"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

office hours open: 1-3pm

I have decided to stop thinking before 1pm.  When there are so many small children in my house, needing me to talk to them, get them something, or clean them up...it's impossible for me to have a full thought.  So, I end up with a million half-thoughts, and by noon I'm a wreck.  All of a sudden, instead of plugging away at my to-do list and slowly but surely getting through the day productively, I'm overwhelmed and a cup of spilled milk away from losing my marbles completely.

I am not easily overwhelmed.  I work best under pressure.  It always works out.

Even the JDRF garage sale (10 days away) which I haven't dedicated more than two full thoughts towards.  And, the JDRF walk t-shirts, which I've given even less thought towards.  And, somehow I always get lunch pre-made and my house half-way picked up before my sitter comes on Thursdays.  And, even if I didn't, I pay her good money, and she's one of my best friends, so she wouldn't care!  And, if I miss that sale and don't get my peaches dirt cheap, my world will not crumble.  Really, it won't.  Right?  And, just because we're not starting school until Monday doesn't mean my kids aren't learning.  Their brains will not turn to mush.  Really! 

So, I'm going to make myself a few lists, organize my next few weeks on a for real calendar, and I guarantee that by 3pm I will be laughing at myself for being so ridiculous.

It's too nice outside to be sitting around thinking, anyway.



I. Love. Them.

Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: