"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Sunday, August 1, 2010

summer days, slippin' away...

18 days 'til I have to give two of my chickens up for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week.  It's just not right. Rugger said today, pretty soon you will never see me all day long.  Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

18 days.

Until then, we will be sucking every last drop out of the summer.


We skipped naps and devoted half of our Saturday to a river party in Omaha that DJ Steele was working.  It was a total dud.  Oh, well.  I got one good picture of my girl Ry out of the deal, and the kids got a kick out of the "Turd Tanks" (otherwise known as port-a-potties!).  Whoever owns and named that mobile toilet business must have a great sense of humor!  Plus, the rest of the day made up for it...





I love my sister, her boys, my brother, his wife, their little boy, and my parents.  Lucky for us, we got to hang with all of them today.  










Grandpa came home just as we were leaving...so we stayed a little too late, ate sugar cereal all the way home, fell asleep in our clothes, and stumbled into bed.  There are crunched up Apple Jacks covering the floor of my van, there is a bag of wet towels and bathing suits quickly turning sour as I type...and I don't care. 

I'll have plenty of time for cleaning in about 18 days!

Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: