"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, September 17, 2010

Etc.

Because, there's not really much going on around here...but so much going on at the same time.  Etc.: additional odds and ends; extras.

The girls started dance class this month.  Ryleigh goes to Beginner Hip Hop.  Emphasis on the beginner part.  I love her.  She's got some serious moves, and I just hope the teacher can manage all she's got goin' on!  Reise started Creative Movement.  Emphasis on the creative AND the movement.  I've taken her twice and each time I look in she's running.  Sometimes her arms are involved :)  They are having a blast, and I love it that they have something that's just theirs.


Then we come home from dance class to spontaneously try and fly the smallest kite ever...with the longest tails ever...



And it's bedtime, and the little dancer is tired.  And the mommy isn't doing it right, so the big sister steps in...Love them so much I can't stand it.



Rowen has been surprisingly even tempered all week.  I am fairly certain he slept all night last night, which is pretty incredible.  And, he didn't wake up crying this morning.  Or begging for Daddy.  Or a bagel.  Come to think of it, he didn't wake up crying from his nap this afternoon, either.  Praise God, maybe he's turned the corner.  The Daddy has been gone all week....hmmm...I wonder if there's something to that?  Maybe he's got a Daddy addiction, and once he's off the Daddy for a few days he stabilizes!  HA!  He comes home tonight, so we'll just have to see.  Or, maybe the molars came in and we'll be good from here on out. 

The JDRF Walk Team Sallinger t-shirts have been designed and ordered.  All 75 of them!  It always feels good to get that checked off my list, and now I can't wait to see how they turn out. 

Rugger LOVES math.


Who knew?  I love watching things come together for him...I can literally see it happening when the light turns on in his head.  It's. So. Fun.  It's totally worth giving up my nap time "break" every day to do "school".  Totally worth it.  The rest of my day is pleasantly full...not crazy, maxed out, pull-my-hair-out full.

Just comfortably full...


 I made them all squish together for this picture, Rowen looks like he's close to falling off the edge.

I wish I could broadcast an audio feed from my kitchen to the entire world at lunch time on most days.  Those silly straws made today's smoothies even better than usual!  But, the slurping noise was something I wish I could have shared.  :)  I love those little chickens, we have so much fun during the day.  There was a time in my life when Ryleigh was a baby and I was actually bored the majority of the day.  Bored!  I can't even wrap my mind around that anymore.  I would count down the minutes, which dragged on and on, until Mitch got home.  So weird!  Now my days just fly by.  Fly, I tell you.  Really, really fast.  And it's always, always, always entertaining.

Our conversation at lunch today (abridged version!):

Me: Reise, tell me one thing you saw on our walk today.
Reise: A worm.
Me: What color was it?
Reise: Purple.
Me: Rugger, tell me one thing you actually saw on our walk today.
Rugger: A purple worm. It was THIS long.
Me: Isaac, what did you see on our walk?
Isaac: Reise wooking at a yong pupple wohm.
Me: Rowen, did you see anything ELSE on our walk today?
Rowen: A wuuurm. It purple, like Reise. Reise like worms.
Me:...Truman? Did you see a purple worm today?
Truman: No. I didn't see any worms.
Ryleigh: Me neither.

Bored?  That sounds so bizarre. 

And, Rugger lost his first tooth!  That incident really deserves it's own post, but this will have to do.  The longer I wait to do it, the greater the chance it won't happen at all.


Turns out the Tooth Fairy couldn't find the gosh darn bleepity-bleep tooth in the middle of the night.  This is because Rugger is a 5-year-old hoarder.  It's ridiculous.  He has 33% of his bed, which is the top bunk, devoted to toys and various collectibles.  Valuable items that he doesn't want anyone to mess with.  Papers, books, legos, light sabers, yarn...really, yarn!  The tooth was in a little plastic baggie somewhere in there.  Anyway, the Fairy left a dollar in a cup on the kitchen counter, and then came back for the tooth while we were at church.  It was kind of amazing.  But, Tooth Fairies are kind of amazing like that.

These kids are evidently ready for winter.




That, or they just love to play pretend.  Or, pee-tend.  Or, pit-tend.  Depends on who's saying it.  Pretend it's snowing.  Pretend we're going on a trip.  Pack your bathing suits!  (Which always end up in the dirty laundry pile.  Seriously Reise, they aren't dirty if you pretended to wear them.)  And I love: "No, YOU be the doggie, and I'll walk you."  Then, Rowen asks Rugger if they can play "Time Out".  "Time Out" involves Rowen putting his big brother in time out over and over and over, and laughing just as hard the 10th time as he does the first.  Very entertaining. 

And this girl just reads and reads and reads.


She got a giant bag of books from my boss (who I really love and only jokingly refer to as "Boss" in pretty much every email I write him!) and we haven't really seen her since.  She's also booked her next speaking gig in October.  Four presentations in one day, this time for Millard Lumber's United Way campaign.  She told me she thinks she might need to get a calendar, to keep all this stuff straight.

Etc.

Choosing to love,
Becky

2 comments:

Steven said... Best Blogger Tips

Prove she is real. Catch the Tooth Fairy in the act. http://www.iCaughtTheToothFairy.com

Free with code ($10 value): Fairy-Proof

LaoLao said... Best Blogger Tips

Becky...I enjoy so much reading about your adventures. Reminds me of our life with your Dad (3 1/2), Aunt CiaCia (2 1/2), Aunt Dee (1+) and newborn, Aunt Nan, then compounded over the years, but without the computer/fb/blogging. And your blogging about worms...one day at the dinner table we saw an inch worm crawling on Aunt Dee's arm. Most people would have freaked out. She said, "Oh, isn't he cute"! Take in all those precious memories...they'll make YOUR Sr. Moments so much better!!! Love, Lao