"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Silver Hydrosol

I've been meaning to post about this for a few weeks, and just haven't gotten it done.  Crazy life!

The short version: I'm pretty sure silver hydrosol worked to clear up three ear infections at my house in the last few weeks.

The long version:

A few weeks ago Rowen's teething mess, combined with a cold mess, turned into an ear infection mess.  I am not a doctor, and I don't have an ear looker inner (otoscope).  But, the child had a fever, was crying, and said his ear hurt.  In fact he was crying/yelling "ME SICK, ME GO DOCTORS, ME SIIIICK, ME GO DOCTORRRRRS!!!"  It was pathetic, sad, and ridiculous, all at the same time.  I was just about to run him over to urgent care to get him an antibiotic, when I realized that Mitch was leaving for the night to work.  There was no way I was hauling FIVE little kids (one who was crying and yelling) to urgent care.  No freakin' way.

So, I did what any responsible, well educated, level headed mother would do.  I googled home remedies for ear infections.

An hour later I returned, with all five kids (including the crying/yelling one, who I was tempted to leave there) from Akins Natural Food Store with my $20 bottle of Sovereign Silver. Here goes nothin'.


I read (during my extensive google search!!  I know, it's ridiculous!) that "less is more"...so I did two drops in the ear I thought was infected, at 9pm.  At 12:30am he woke up, still feverish, but not hysterical...and did two more drops.  I promise you-8am the next morning, he was totally normal.

Now, I know what you're thinking.  Coincidence!!  Me, too.  And Mitch, too.  In fact, he said "You are kidding me about putting that stuff you have never used before into his EAR and then putting him to bed...right? You're lucky he didn't wake up deaf or with his ear blown off his head."  He's super supportive like that :)


Anyway, we just went about our business thinking "all's well that ends well"!!  We enjoyed the air show that day, with no crying, fever, or ear problems.  He still had the cold/teething mess tho.  4 days later, he was running a temp again, lower than before, like 100ish.  He complained about his other ear hurting, pulling on it, whining, etc.  So, again, with the drops.  Two in the other ear.  A few hours later, I did two more, and then put him to bed still a little on the warm side.

Guess who woke up the next morning with nothing??  No fever, no earache, no crying (besides wanting DADDY and a BAGEL, which are totally normal for this kid).  I am not kidding, he was totally fine.  But...really?  If this stuff works so well, why isn't every doctor on earth prescribing it??

So, again, we just said "who cares, it worked, or something worked, and he's not sick!".  But, I still wondered.  I mean, maybe that sweet little angel is just faking.  Well, you can't fake a fever.  Maybe it's a coincidence?  Likely!

So, (I know, this long version is getting really long...) a week later, Ryleigh started complaining about a headache.  It started on a Friday, and by Sunday she was really starting to slow down because of it.  I finally asked her if it was her whole head, or one side, or her neck...and she said it was just the left side.  **Click** a little light turned on in my overly crowded brain (I kicked myself for two days over being too busy to really dig into this headache, ok? There! Get off my back!  Oh, wait.  No one's on my back I'm just still feeling guilty!), and I thought "maybe she has an ear infection!"

Then, we went back and forth "Does your ear hurt when I pull/push on it? Can you hear out of this ear?  Is it worse when you lay down?"  Praise the Lord for a kid who can carry on a conversation!  Two drops into the ear, which she said was cold at first and then got warm...and then a few hours later two more drops, and a few hours after that she said she was headache free. I assume there was still fluid in there, because she said she couldn't hear as well still.  But, the pain was gone. 

Um, hello??  Is anyone still with me?  There is no doubt in my mind, at this point.  The silver has proven itself to me.  I put my scientist mother on the case, and she said she was going to research it.  I don't know if she means "google" research, or for real look in her scientific books or whatever she has going on over there :)

Then this weekend, Maeson came home with ear infections.  Duh, I'm going to try it!!  Hard to tell with him, because Mitch gave him his first dose of antibiotic at the exact same time as I did the silver drops.  But, he did sleep great with no Motrin or Tylenol, which in my opinion would suggest that his ears weren't bothering him anymore.  Who knows? 

And, there you have it.  If anyone has any experience with this particular kind of silver, let me know!

And, just because these boys crack me up...


...don't tell Reise they played Monster Truck with her little carousel thing while she was in the bath tub :)




Choosing to love,
Becky

6 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

that is a great tip, i am going to need to remember that!
ps you can get a ear looker-iner thingy at walgreens for like $10 :) (so glad i am not the only one who calls it that!)

Nan said... Best Blogger Tips

in my professional opinion, and i am one, if it works...do it!!!! and side bar or is it sidebar?...those boys could not be any cuter!

Mermaidlaughing said... Best Blogger Tips

I have YEARS of experience with Sovereign Silver Hydrosol!! YES YES YES!!! It WORKS!! Ive healed ear infections...burns...even strep twice and MRSA twice. My daughter has one of the rarest diseases in the world which causes massive infection out of anything! A cut...a sore throat and these people are in the hospital. I NEVER do antibiotics with her...I use silver for everything. Shes now about to turn 19 and is the only person in the WORLD with this disease who has NEVER been hospitalized. The NIH wants to fly her out and study her which she has no interest in doing. Shes also vegan and we use all organic products on our bodies and in the house so Im sure thats helped but I know the Silver has kept her from hospitalization many times. Tell all your friends...I do! It works!!

Elisha said... Best Blogger Tips

I happened to read this by total chance tonig and it was a total God send.... I just listened to my 15 mo old scream for over a hour..... We live 40 miles from any doctor..... I'm having hubs get some of this tomorrow!

If These Walls Spoke... said... Best Blogger Tips

Good luck I hope you let me know if it works!

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

Well I happen to have that exact silver hydrosol on hand leftover from that one time my kids got hand-foot-mouth from a used balloon they found on the floor of a thrift store. (Yes, gag!!!!) It helped the HFM and I'm about to test it on my ear infection. My ear is swollen shut and stabbing pains when I swallow... I can barely hear. We shall see!