"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Good Fortune


I'm having Déjà vu.  I'm not even sure if I believe in such things, but here I am, having it!

My handsome, handsome, handsome husband brought me dinner at work last night.  I thought he was bringing homemade taco salad, which would have been wonderful.  Instead...he brought me my favorite cashew chicken from Great Wall.  That means that he had to haul four kids into the restaurant, because they do not have a drive-thru.  That's love.

When I eat Chinese food at home, I never open my fortune cookie.  Never.  For some reason, when I eat it at the restaurant, or at work, I do. 

My fortune last night:  Do no rush through life. Pause and enjoy it.

A few things I enjoyed this week...

Rowen helping me unwrap cheese...can't even remember what we were making? And why he was still in his footed pj's??  


Took a little bite out of every one...


Maybe it was scrambled eggs.  Had to have been.  Because, certainly my kids don't go running around in their pj's all day.  HA HA HA!  No, really, I'm pretty sure it was eggs.  For breakfast.  


Weather in October so nice that we spent a morning running around at the bike track.




The 3-wheelers did a few pretend runs...






A surprise treat for my three big kids, Disney Live! downtown at the Pershing.






Carving pumpkins way too late on a Saturday night.  







Oh, Rowen.  He didn't want anything to do with that slimy gooey mess. 





I love my handsome husband more than I thought I ever could.  When he spends an hour scooping goo out of pumpkins with a spoon and his hands cramp and he just keeps going... 


I love this picture.  By this time, it was 10:30pm, at least 2 hours past bedtime.  The boys had been bathed while the big kids were finishing their glitter...   Neither of them cared what we carved for them, they just LOVED getting to put a candle in it after.  The stuff on the wall behind them got bumped in the process of everyone getting situated...so it's all crooked.  Etc, etc. etc.  It's just my life, and I just look at this picture and remember that I loved every minute of that night.  So. Much. Fun.   


I am enjoying.  Every minute.  I don't pause often enough, so I'm going to make an effort to do that.

Choosing to love,
Becky

1 comments:

Gu34 said... Best Blogger Tips

Funny thing about the green pj's that Rowen is wearing....Jacob had them last year, I bought them for him again for this year b/c that was the only color they had in his size. He'll probably end up in the same ones three yrs in a row. Haha. Good thing he'll look different enough in all his pictures so we know what winter it is!