"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Lasts...Apples

We used up the last of our apples this week.  Next year I'll probably buy several pecks because one peck just didn't go very far over here.  By the time you make an apple crisp, dip caramel apples, and cook applesauce...they're gone!

The last of our apples...

Have we talked about the biggest sister being the best, ever?  She totally is.  The best.  She gave Reise the better peeler, because "little girls have a hard time doing that kind of thing, I know because I used to be one."  HA HA!!!  She is so big.  I couldn't be more proud of my firstborn chicken.


We've never really dealt with picky eaters over here, but I've always heard that if you let the kids participate in meal preparation it improves the chances of them actually eating the meal.  Well, we went ahead and proved that theory wrong this week.  These kids all LOVE applesauce.  Turns out, they love cold, store bought, unsweetened, smooth applesauce.



Warm, chunky, cinnamon applesauce with a touch of splenda...mashed by hand?  No, thank you.  What?  How could it be too warm or too chunky??  It was so good, and it sure didn't hurt my feelings, I just ate it myself.  Thank you, very much.

 
I love my job.  I do.  I may not get vacation days or sick days, or be able to take a 15 minute break to run and get a fountain pop from the gas station whenever I want to.  Once in a while it wears me out, the constant, constant being "on". 

But, seriously?  

I sure would have hated to have been off on break when this was discovered...



It just doesn't get any better than this, I'm positive.  I. Love. This. Life.

Choosing to love,
Becky

3 comments:

Robyn said... Best Blogger Tips

2 comments -- 1: how can you not love chunky, warm, homemade applesauce. :) 2: How absolutely cute is it that Rowen found that heart! Sweet.

Gu34 said... Best Blogger Tips

Ditto on Robyn's comments. My kids love homemade applesauce. Funny you post this today because I have 5 batches cooking right now. Yesterday and today were apple days - pies, crisp, and applesauce. yum!

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

I know, crazy kids! I wonder if it was cold, if they'd get used to the chunks :)