"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Etc.

Because, there's not really much going on around here...but so much going on at the same time.  Etc.: additional odds and ends; extras.

My laundry situation is completely under control.  It's so weird, and it feels like a big part of my life is over.  The number of loads I'll do in a week has been cut at least in half, if not by thirds.  The sorting, folding, putting away is still there, but it's still a really strange thing to spend less time hiking baskets up and down the stairs. 

This is a picture from 2002 when we bought our first set.  The tech that came to fix the washer a few weeks ago said it was at least 22 years old.  We've never had to do anything to it, it's run like a champ!  Obviously if Mitch ever finds out this picture has been released on the internet he'll shut this blog down ;) 


Kind of sad to see it go, just kind of.  I'm already in love with the replacement...

Again, with the bad picture of my seriously handsome husband.  I was trying to hurry and take it fast because I had kids to watch, plus people were totally staring.  I assume it was because they were insanely jealous of our steal on the laundry units...but who knows :)


This was sort of like Black Friday.  We had five kids out the door early, with donuts so I could wait in line before the store opened.  See that line?  After we secured our machines we waited over two hours to pay.  Worth it!  We had a credit from Service Guard, and were able to use it on the crazy scratch and dent sale.  What great timing.  We hauled it home ourselves and saved another $80.  Realized when we got it home that our outlet was 3-pronged and we needed 4-pronged...which ended up taking all day to replace...which they would have done for us if we'd paid for delivery.  Oh, well.  I'll take that $80 and spend it on detergent :)  Thank you, Lord!

 
We're putting our house on the market, and doing a few things around here to make our home a little more sell-able.  We aren't handy people.  It could get really interesting. 

I painted the linoleum in our kitchen when we bought this house almost 7 years ago.  It was supposed to be a quick-fix, as in...we'd replace the floor for real right away but I couldn't stand the gold from 1981.  Well, we never replaced it for real.


We had several babies instead, and somehow I didn't notice the linoleum anymore.  WEIRD!  We've been working this weekend on replacing it for real.  It's been a big job, but I think it's going to turn out great.  I'm just super sad we didn't do it before Rugger was born so we could have enjoyed it all this time!

Hopefully I'll post more pictures when it's done, and maybe I'll use my camera instead of my phone :)  Countertops are next, and that's really going to make me sad.  I hated those yellow counters with a passion when we first moved it, and now I barely notice them.  Once they're updated I'll kick myself for waiting so long to do it.  Coulda-Shoulda-Woulda. 

We had one last week of really nice weather here, and we took full advantage of it.  Honestly, cold and dreary days are my absolute favorite...but it's hard to beat a great fall day outside.




Choosing to love,
Becky

3 comments:

Amie said... Best Blogger Tips

It was a great week, wasn't it?!

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the dark floors...good choice! :)

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm so jealous of your washer and dryer!! I'm glad you're loving them! And your new floor looks great!