"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Turkeys and Coffee

Colder weather means we're doing more crafting over here.  I got the idea for this fall leaf turkey here.


My sister-in-law recently commented on how well these kids respond to "hey, look over here, CHEESE!", and I never really thought about it, but they really do.  One shot wonders! :) (AKA: Hams!)




Two Christmases ago I saw a commercial for this one-cup Keurig coffee maker and said "hmm, that's cool".  Three little words, mumbled (nearly under my breath) to myself.  My handsome husband got it for me.  I was mad!  Seriously, mad.  I texted my cousin and vented about how ridiculous of a purchase it was.  At the time, I couldn't believe he'd think it was a good idea to spend $80 on anything.  Much less a coffee maker.  I'm totally over it.  I absolutely look forward to one cup of coffee a day, and I feel great about not having to make a whole pot.  He even thought to buy the reusable plastic filter because he knew I'd never buy the individual packets of coffee.  Bless his heart.  He rocks my world and I'm a complete nutcase.


Perfection.  Especially after 30 minutes outside on a chilly morning, searching for good pine cones!

 I love my mug, made during a girls' night out!



We used thick paper plates because I thought they'd be more sturdy than a piece of construction paper.  I know I've got google eyes around this house somewhere, but of course I couldn't find them this morning.  I'd also recommend hot glue for the pine cones.  Elmers just isn't going to cut it :)


Gobble, gobble!  What a fun day with my chickens :)

Choosing to love,
Becky

1 comments:

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips

Super cute! Especially the collage at the end! And I am laughing about that coffee maker. Man, you were ticked off! And he was trying SO hard to do SOMETHING right. :) Hysterical.