"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Thursday, December 23, 2010

2 Days

This girl loves holidays SO much.  Our tree hadn't had a star on top until today.  Two days to go, and all is finally right with the world, whew!




We did a birthday re-do tonight and took Rugger out to eat for his birthday.  His BEEFday, as he's been calling it.  Why?  I have no idea.  

 \

 I love him so much I can't stand it.

Happy Beefday, dear Ruuugggggeeeerrrrrrr...


Really glad Reise was able to join us.  Right as we were about to leave the house her ear started dripping blood.  Like, draining from inside the ear.  Enough to drip.  Super weird, and a little alarming!  We called the dr's office at 6pm and she had gotten in, been looked at by our regular doctor, and was home in 45 minutes.  Hello, that's God liking me a lot, I think.  Turns out both ears are scratched raw on the insides.  So, I'm really glad your brain isn't leaking blood or something (which honestly did cross my mind)...but seriously?  Why are there abrasions inside your ears?  



Our kids are lively.  Boisterous.  Spirited.  Just walk into my house any day of the week and you'll experience it.  I don't mind lively.  In fact, I probably prefer it.  Most of the time. 



Tonight they all sat quietly for our 90 minute meal, and used their very best manners to order their food.  They received three separate compliments on their etiquette.  Praise. The.  Lord.  It's a good feeling.


It's a lot more fun than getting dirty looks because your toddler spilled his milk into his lap and started shreeking so loud you thought the glassware was going to shatter.  Yep, been there too.  



Hopefully that good feeling will stick with me long enough to get me through the next BD (that's for you, all my teacher friends) moment over here.  :)  Rest assured, I won't have to wait long for it!  Just come on over, the instant our front door opens someone will get ridiculous. 


Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: