"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Girl can sew.

Who knew?  Until she asked, I would have never considered sewing with a 7 year old.  I'm not sure why.  I'm sure I was sewing at this age, on this very same machine!  Ry's been loving our afternoons lately, making hats for her buddies.  I love home school.  I know a person can sew and spend the day in school, but I love it that we don't.  


She measures and cuts out her patterns, then I cut the fabric.  I get her started on the machine, and she feeds it through and works the pedal.  It's pretty awesome!  That's a lot to coordinate, keeping it straight, working your foot, and making sure you don't snag your fingers :)


Not sure if they'll ever get worn outside, but that's totally OK.  They look like old fashioned nightcaps :)  One of the kids said they were Dr. Seuss hats! 

P.S. We spent the morning at the Children's museum, which is why Micah's face is painted.  Didn't even notice it when I took this picture, but it's not like this is a weird thing to see.  He and Reise are Kitty Gaga, DUH!  

 
I. Love. Her.


Looking forward to next week when the Christmas programs are done (4 more to go this weekend), and we'll finish up the hats and move on to aprons!  She's got the sewing bug and we may as well strike while the iron's hot.  A friend wants aprons to give her kids for Christmas, and I think they're going to be easy and super cute.  Ry's excited to get going on those, and my guess is that everyone who received hats will also be receiving aprons :)  More on that, later!
B

2 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

I love to sew! I cant wait until Emma is able to make things too!! :)

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips

Micah's been sleeping in his every night. Too precious!