"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Saturday, December 25, 2010

This is Christmas

We don't do Christmas cards.  I hate last-minute shopping.  My fridge has never chilled a carton of eggnog.

I love driving around, looking at lights.  I want to watch church ladies in formal gowns sing carols and ring bells.  The pulpit looks best surrounded by red poinsettias, in my opinion.  There's no doubt in my mind that pretzels were meant to be dipped in almond bark.  I point out every single Nativity we pass.  I want to get my shopping done early, and spend the week before Christmas baking with candles burning in my kitchen and snow flying outside.

And, I want to watch my sweet little chickens sing two songs with their Sunday school classes on a Sunday afternoon.  Oh, be still, my beating heart!



Miss Suzanne had to bribe Rowen out of my lap, and carry him onto the stage.  I love her.  So does he. 





Reise has been wearing that dress daily for weeks (months?) now.  I'm so glad she finally got to wear it in public and now she can gracefully hand it down to her cousin.


There's Rugger and his facial expressions again.  He cracks me up! 





Tonight after dinner at home (our first Christmas Eve at home!) I asked the kids to tell me what they knew about the Christmas Story.  Reise didn't know much, and Rugger was busy messing with his new camera.  I think he had gotten it stuck on his belt loop :)

This is what Ryleigh came up with (I wonder if she has a photographic memory sometimes, some of the phrases she uses sound like something she's read in a children's bible!).  I wouldn't blame you if you didn't watch the whole thing :)


 She amazes me!   This is what it's all about.  This is Christmas! 

Choosing to love,
Becky

1 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

that is great becky! and the pic of all 5 kids is adorable!!! so blessed! :)