"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sometimes...

I would like to add another several hours to my day...and I'd like to be my most energetic and productive self during those hours.  Or, I'd like to sleep during those hours so I could be my most energetic and productive self the other 24 hours.

I catch a glimpse of how fast time is flying, and I want to just make everything (and everyone) stand still.

I have a week where I say "it takes a village" on several occasions.  I lose a kid in church, or I find a kid in church, or I read an awesome email exchange between my first grader and my friend (who's taken time out of her busy day to invest in my child).  I'm grateful to have an awesome, wide, eclectic circle of people around me who love my kids and positively impact our family. 

I do stuff that makes me think I'm turning into my mother, or maybe I've been my mother all along and just never realized it.

I can't believe how different each of our kids are.  

I can't believe how similar each of our kids are.

I need to remind myself that all kids do weird things once in a while which can't be explained.  There's no need to make it into a "thing", and it doesn't mean they have bad parents.

I feel like I should thank my parents for being good parents.

I need to get away for a minute to remember and appreciate how much I love being here.


Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: