"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sunday School


It's been a long time since we had a "normal" weekend.  I don't even know where they all went...between holidays and several birthday weekends, they just disappeared!  The kind where we carefully balance work and fun, and prepare for the next week.  On Sundays, church is followed by lunch, which is followed by naps for DJ Steele and the little kids.  Please believe that DJ Steele needs that nap, probably more than the little kids do!  I think he's finally acknowledged the fact that he's too old to be clubbing until 2am, tearing down, loading up, and driving an hour home.  (4:30am bedtime doesn't look good on him, unless we're in VEGAS, I'm sorry to say it.)  Anyway!!  Sunday afternoons have become a golden time for us to "do" school.   








For some reason, we get more done on Sundays than during a normal week day.  I'm not really sure why.  I think maybe the break in routine makes it seem different and more interesting.  On Sundays I'm usually pre-making meals or cleaning in the kitchen, so we move the books upstairs.  Maybe just a change of scenery does it.  Maybe I'm more relaxed because I'm not watching the clock or listening for a waking toddler.  Whatever the case may be, I'm glad to have them back.  Those normal weekends with late night gigs, early morning church, and quiet afternoons for school.  

Choosing to love,
Becky

2 comments:

christiancari said... Best Blogger Tips

My mouth is watering. I think I'm going to have to dig an Eggo out of the freezer...

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

those waffels look amazing! and i agree, i love "normal" weekends with nothing to do, but clean house, take naps and play with the kids! AAAHHHHHH they are the best!! we should really look into starting a law that says weekends are 3 or 4 days long! why do we work so much!