"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, January 21, 2011

Think about This for Thirteen minutes

Has anyone ever seen this website? donothingfor2minutes.com  Interesting. 

With permission, I'm sharing Tyler's video here.  I usually blog about my little chickens and the stuff that fills our days.  Things I love and want to document so I'll never forget.  My days are full.  When I saw that this video was almost 13 minutes long I said, "I can't commit to that".   A few of you might actually know what could happen around here if I left things unattended for 13 minutes.  I went back later to check it out, and was blown away.  Homosexuality has always been an issue I didn't understand, didn't know anything about, and pretty much left alone.  It still is an issue that I don't fully understand, know very little about, and will probably leave alone for the most part.  But, if there's an opportunity for me to learn something and try to love people better, I welcome it.  I am grateful to Tyler for sharing his perspective, and trying to shed some light on a topic that is so personal to him and misunderstood by so many.  He's extremely articulate, honest, and puts into words what I've always assumed.  I'm sharing it here because I think it could change your perspective, too.  At the very least, challenge you to learn something that could help you love someone better.  So, block out 13 minutes and grab a diet coke.  I don't think you'll regret it.



I think it's really reasonable to assume that the same God who creates people with short tempers creates people who are attracted to those of the same sex.  Oversimplified?  Yep, but I think it's a good place to start.  At the end of the day, every person can choose to act how God wants them to, regardless of how they feel. 

At least, that's what I think.

What do you think??

Choosing to love,
Becky

3 comments:

LC said... Best Blogger Tips

Brave guy that's for sure! Thanks for sharing Becky:)

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

I guess I never mentioned that Tyler is the Adult Ministry intern at the church I work at (and am a member of). I didn't just find this video on Youtube randomly! :)

christiancari said... Best Blogger Tips

I confess I haven't watched the video (yet) but I am reading "Love is an Orientation" by Andrew Marin, who is a conservative straight married Christian that ministers to a gay community in Chicago. Really, really good book about how Christians need to dialogue about homosexuality. I haven't finished it, but I'm loving his perspective so far.