"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, January 21, 2011

Yeah, baby.

It's the little things in life, ya know?  Rowen goes around saying "yeah, baby" whenever he loves something, and he throws in a little shoulder action for affect. 

We're just now replacing these counter tops.  I've hated them since we moved in, but as time went on I just stopped "seeing" them. 


The busier we got the less motivated I was to start messing with stuff that didn't seem necessary.  Silly me.  Stuff like this is definitely necessary.  Even if we never sell this house, I deserve to enjoy my kitchen.  I'm in it several hours every day, for goodness' sake. 

What a good uncle, letting Rugger help.   

My awesome sleepers snoozed away this afternoon through the pounding and sawing, and viola, they were done!  Thanks to my super great brother-in-law for helping a girl out :)  Thanks to my handsome husband for spending two evenings this week tracking down the right pieces.  It required several trips to Home Depot with all the kids while I was either working or out of town.

Why didn't we do this sooner??  Yeah, baby...I love the difference!  



So, we're going to finish the floor this weekend (we need new kick boards, see the bare space between the floor and the cabinets?), and make a decision on the cabinets.  See the two holes in each cabinet door?  I removed the old hardware (except for the two doors that still have those pulls-don't ask why I left them).  We've either got to fill those holes and stain that part of the door, or fill the holes and paint everything, or cover the holes with new hardware.

Any opinions??
 
B

6 comments:

Gu34 said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks like a totally different kitchen! Awesome! You're going to love it. As much time as I spend in my kitchen, I still like the remodeling we did on it! Looks like Mike's hands? Great job!

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

It was Butch and his crew. I have to spread my home improvement projects around to prevent jealousy and hard feelings, you know? :) haha! What about my cabinets??

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks great! With the dark countertops and floor, I would definitely leave the cabinets dark. Can you find hardware that will cover the holes? That seems like it would be the easiest option.

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips

And, not to add more to your load, but I have a great paint color that would look so warm and cozy in there...coffee kiss!

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

I have to paint anyway so may as well change the color! The old counter came up higher than the new so there's a 2 inch strip now that's bare. Coffee Kiss sounds cozy!

Amie said... Best Blogger Tips

Counters look awesome! I vote for new paint and hardware. We did it and our kitchen feels like brand new! Good luck!