"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Week

My chickens have been working their little fingers to the bone over here ;)  We have 27 wreaths made to take to my Grandpa's nursing home.  We're going to work on putting the residents' names on them tonight, and hopefully we'll be delivering them tomorrow! 



We all made these paper plate Valentine holders, instead of using boxes or bags.  I thought they turned out pretty cute.  They won't hold too many, especially if there's candy involved, which I didn't think about until one of our daycare buddies brought his Valentines on Friday...and there was candy involved!  HA!  We'll figure something out ;)  I wasn't sure how well the little guys would be able to "sew" their plates together with ribbon, but they all surprised me with their advanced fine motor skills! :)  So fun.



 We're definitely looking forward to our "party" on Monday! 

While the kids were working on theirs, I got all of our Valentines addressed and mailed.  I received 50 free cards from Shutterfly over the holidays, and I used them for our Valentines since we don't send Christmas cards.  I love how they turned out!


Throw in a trip to the Children's Museum, school, another baking experiment (which turned out a LOT better than the first one), small group, work, a Girls' Night Out with my little ladies, three haircuts, Friday classes, Sing Fling, and....well, no wonder it felt like a really full week.  Love it!

Choosing to love,
Becky

1 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

the valentines are adorable! i love that you do those instead of christmas cards!