"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Favorites.

We sneaked out of worship early.  Like, maybe 5 minutes early.  Maybe 7.  

Mitch loves going to movies.  I don't really care about seeing a movie first, or even seeing it in the theater.  I love doing anything with my whole family, and he loves the movies, and the kids looooove the movies, so there you go!  So much fun, totally worth having to slink out of church during the last song, and the $8 admission.  What was that?  $8, total?  Yes, sir!  I love that almost more than anything :)  Thanks to Frosty Flicks, and a random lady giving me a BOGO coupon at the ticket counter.  Sweet deal!


Just so happened that some of our very best friends did the same thing!  Bonus fun getting to sit by them.  Extra bonus that I had a little boy in my lap the entire time.  I just love tiny little kids who fit in my lap, at the movies, on a Sunday.  Dear Boys, please stay two yrs. old forever. Love, Mommy.



Rugger and I did some Lego-ing during naps after the movie.  Actually, it was me, Rugger, and the giant cat that lives in our house.  Holy huge.  


I moved on to reading, and the kids painted.  It was the quietest hour, ever. 





This is what they finished up with, in addition to the stack of about a dozen pieces of art, each.  I love it!  It's an Easter decoration.  The hanging bunny was all Reise's idea.


Then, the little boys and the daddy woke up.

The boys know how I roll when it comes to paint.  If I really care about their clothes, I'll take them off.  I have a super efficient laundry machine, and I also know how to soak and pretreat "stains".  (This here is washable paint, so there really are no "stains".)  Do you catch my drift, here? 


The daddy just doesn't get us, I guess.  He was a frazzled mess about the clothes, the table, and for the love of all things holy, the red paint getting into the white paint!  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  "Please, stop", I said, to my handsome husband.  Poor DJ Steele, he doesn't get much sleep on the weekends, you know?  We rarely don't see eye-to-eye when it comes to parenting.  I mean, very rarely.  He's so very laid back, and I just have no idea where the sudden clean freak came from!  Ha!  Anyway, he left that situation alone and peace was restored to the house once again.


I do have to give him credit for knowing his kid, tho.  Maeson is the messiest kid we know.  (And, we know a lot of kids.) 


He's not messy just for the fun of it, and he isn't being destructive.  If he had been splattering paint all over the walls on purpose, or writing on the cabinets, we'd have shared some "words".


But, instead we just had a bath and pulled out the Oxyclean.  Daddy must have relaxed because from the basement I heard him say "wow, that is quite the work of art there Maeson, I looooooove it".  See?  That's why I love him. 

I love that we grocery shopped on Saturday, and had the whole day on Sunday to do fun things and relax.  Minus the minor craziness over the paint mess, it was a totally chilled out day with my favorites!  Praise the Lord, he knew exactly what I needed.

Choosing to love,
Becky

4 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

oh becky i love this post! you have the most amazing family :) the pic of messy maeson is the BEST! LOL
and do tell about the cheap movie deal???

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

Frosty Flicks, Tori! There are probably 2 weeks left. $2 tickets, Saturdays at 10 or Sundays at 11. Kids movies, at The Grand or Southpointe (I think). Click on the Frosty Flicks link at the beginning of the post!

Lynne said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the blog, Becky. I think this week is the last frosty flicks. I have some free tickets if you'd like them. (I have 3 and, I think each one gets two people in?)

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

Lynne is right about this being the last weekend of the Frosty Flicks. It's Yogi Bear! We aren't going to be able to go, but thank you for the offer of tickets! You should take Kevin, and make out in the very back :)