"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, March 7, 2011

Dr. Seuss!

Oh, Dr. Seuss.  I love you!  I just love the silly, rhyming, classics.  We celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday all of last week with some of my favorites.  

Green Eggs and Ham!

 

Most of these kids will eat just about anything, but several actually had a little issue with the green eggs!  Even with cheese and ham in there, which they definitely recognize and love.   Rugger had no problem, which wasn't a surprise :)


This Cat in the Hat cake looked super cute...in my head :)  My little helpers had fun with it tho, and it tasted awesome (thankyouverymuch).  


I loved One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish!  I think we're going to bring back Finger paint Fridays this week.  Only a few of the boys wanted to get their hands dirty for this craft, but I thought it turned out adorable.  And, I will save it to remember how tiny Rowen's hands were when he was two!


We got to tour Gere library last week, too.  It's not our usual spot, and we loved some of the different things they had over there!  The kids loved seeing how the books were sorted in the back room, a lot goes on behind the scenes!

Ryleigh is such a funny girl, and she absolutely loves books.  At one point she walked by me and said "I just saw Nancy Drew HARDCOVERS!" in a near-hysterical, giddy, whisper voice.  It was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing.  How could I love her more?

Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: