"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's. Almost. Here.

I can feel it, it's coming,  Spring!  I do love dreary winter days, mostly because I don't usually have to go anywhere and can go days upon days without leaving my cozy house.  I light candles, keep my washer and dryer going, and warm up the house by baking nonstop.  I do love it.  I'll be ready when old man winter comes a callin' again.  For now though, I'm looking forward to a change.  Color, warmth, outdoor fun, baseball games, picnics, sprayground play dates, and all the rest.  I can feel it coming, and I'm pretty excited.


We finally signed up one of our kids for an organized sport.  It was hard to send that registration form out in the mail, but I did it.  Here we go!  We've held off as long as we could for the sake of our fragile sanity.  Games, practices, schedules, multiplied by FIVE...surely you can understand why we waited this long.  That said, we loooove baseball over here, and I am really looking forward to Rugger's games.  He's been batting balls since he could walk it seems like, and I can't wait to see what he does on a team, with other players, and a coach :)

Just to shake things up a bit, we did our grocery shopping on Saturday this weekend instead of Sunday.  Riveting, I know!  It felt so good to get it out of the way...plus, we ran into a bratwurst and drink special in the deli.  Score.  We spent $7 and had lunch at the baseball field after groceries, and the kids had a blast.

That's right, get used to shielding your eyes from that bright sun.  We haven't had to do that in forever :)  Time to round up the shades to keep in the van.  


Have I mentioned how ready I am to see some color?  Drab!  Common, Spring!






Reise is going to be a very good mommy some day, I have a feeling.  She saw Mitch help everyone get their stance just right, and took it upon herself to help Rowen.  He didn't even mind, which was surprising.  Most days he can do without her bossing help.



Rugger could hit for hours and hours.  Rowen and Maeson could use my legs as an obstacle course for hours and hours :)





Reise took a ball to the cheek at one point, just hard enough to make her want to quit playing.  Such a good big brother, Rugger made sure she was OK.  I love that my kids have each other.  Yeah, they boss and fight, but when it comes down to it, they love each other.  Being incredibly close in age makes them really good buddies most of the time.  So fun.


Here's to Spring, coming slowly but surely.  Here's to many more baseball field picnics and hours of batting practice.  Here's to good ol' sibling love that makes a mama's heart happy!

Choosing to love,
Becky

2 comments:

Dave Rowe said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope there is a 5-gallon bucket of sunflower seeds in the back of the van. PS - Mitch's Pink Cup....that is all.

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

Hahaha, that cup deserves its own post, and I shall do that soon.