"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, April 4, 2011

April

For real?  Can't believe March is gone.  The last few weeks have been a blur, it seems like.  We've been to 7 birthday parties in the last 5 weeks!  To say the weekends have been crazy would be a real understatement :)  So fun.

Most recently, Dekker's party.



It was short and sweet, and the cake was delicious!

See Rowen pulling his "little" cousin, Dekker?  How is my littlest boy big enough to pull a wagon?  I have been looking forward to the boys' birthdays for months.  As in, knowing they're coming, planning our weekend of celebrating, and dreading it all at the same time.  I can't believe I won't have a two-year-old in my house.  It literally makes me want to cry all day.  I've got to get a grip!

In addition to all the parties, we've been loving the mild weather.  I love a good rainy day, but it does feel pretty great to send the kids out to get dirty and worn out!


 

There's a little remote control car track near the BMX track, right by our house.  Every time we drive by it, Rugger reminds us that he wants to go check it out.  I finally took him the other night.  It wasn't as fun as he thought it was going to be :)  He said it was waaaaaay more fun to ride his bike.


I don't think Rowen cares either way.  He'll just find something to jump off of, wherever we go, and be happy for hours.


Score! Two pennies.  Luckiest day, ever.

Rowen's hands are probably my favorite thing about him. 


Reise set up a little doctor's office in the driveway.  She's such an interesting little bird.  That very doctor kit hasn't been played with inside for weeks!  Then all of a sudden, when we're finally outside, she pulls it out.  She and Isaac had a conversation that (from what I can remember) went something like this:

 "Isaac, I'm so sorry, your tempa-chur is eighteenseventeen."

 "Is that fe-vuhs?"

 "You are very sick.  I'm so, so, so sorry."

 "I not sick!"

 "Just pretend..." ... "Do you have a little cough??"

 "No.  I saaaiiiiid, I not sick!!"


And, that baby did definitely need a bath.  I'm sure she doesn't mind at all, having her bath in the front yard.

It seems that every kid in the world loves a good blanket fort/tent/office.  Or, are mine the only ones that use their tents for an office?  Surely not.  I'm pretty sure I made an office in the coat closet when I was little.



This is why I take pictures.  I would never have remembered "Privet!! Keep Out!" if I hadn't snapped this.  I don't remember the last half of March, for goodness' sake.  Happy April!

Choosing to love,
Becky

1 comments:

Amie said... Best Blogger Tips

Rowen does have some good-lookin' hands! LOVE the sign. And LOVING getting outside a little bit here and there in between snow squalls. Ugh, Michigan!