"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

E. Ster

Last year, the Easter bunny brought donuts and chocolate milk for breakfast.  He just loves unhealthy traditions for the kids to anticipate all year!



He left a note, saying he'd be back later with the goods.  Since we didn't pick Maeson up until the evening and we didn't want him to miss out, Ryleigh suggested we ask God to tell the Easter Bunny to wait and bring our stuff late.  So, we did.





I know for a fact I saw glow-in-the-dark easter eggs at Target a few years ago.  They exsist!  Or, at least they used to.  I couldn't even find them online this year.  So, I used 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back applying glow-in-the-dark paint to 84 eggs.  168 halves.  I let them dry on a flattened box in the Big Black Hole in the basement, which the kids have no reason to enter.  Of course, Saturday morning I overheard Rugger nonchalantly mention to Ryleigh, "there are like one thousand eggs in the closet downstairs".  For real?!!

It felt like a thousand.


With the candy we acquired earlier in the week, the sugarfest at breakfast, and the chocolate overload I figured we'd have at Grandma's...we decided to fill our eggs with money.  Remember my week at the laundry mat last fall?  Still packing plenty of quarters from back then!  I carried them around in my purse for months, having completely forgotten about them.  When I switched to my new bag a few weeks ago I realized why it felt like I was carrying around $20 in change!

Vitamin water and silly string.  Two things they l.o.v.e. and we never buy.  I love that they get so excited over simple things.  And no, I don't think that means they're neglected.

Turns out, all of that work was for nothing.  That bleepin' paint wasn't very glowyish.  I left them under five 75-watt bulbs all day to "charge".  By the time I hid them, drove 4 minutes to pick up Maeson, and 4 minutes back, those eggs were deader than a doornail.  So very unfortunate!


The way our wild beasts tore around the house, it was probably best we had the lights on anyway.


I was so proud of their color coordinated buckets and items, but then I didn't even get a picture.  It's nice when there's no fighting because everyone knows who's is who's.  What am I saying?  It's nice when there's no fighting (period).


E. Ster wasn't very specific about when he'd return.  Does that mean later, in the middle of the night?  Or just later in the evening?  What if we're home, or how will he know we're gone?  It must just mean the middle of the night.

Tricky little bunny.


Another Easter, in the books.  Time flies painfully fast when you're having fun.

B

0 comments: