"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, April 25, 2011

Family.

We have a pretty good system worked out for holidays in our family.  Every year we switch back and forth between my parents and Mitch's.  It's nice to know ahead of time what we're doing, and not have to make any real decisions about where we're going!  Easter Sunday was at my parents' this year, so we celebrated with Mitch's family a few days early.


"I've wanted these for my WHOLE LIFE!"  No kidding, that's what he said.  That Grandma Sue, she knows what's she's doing, ya know??



Maeson tripped and flung his bucket of eggs twice, and wasn't phased in the least.  It made me laugh so hard!  He kills me.



Rowen was really pumped about his tractor.  And the chocolate.  Boy loves loves loves his chocolate.


 


It seemed like it took a month to get from Grandma Sue's on Monday, to Grandma Rowe's on Sunday.  A whole, long month.  "What day is it? When are we going to Omaha?  How many days?"  I got so very tired of counting days that I finally just told Rugger he was in charge of keeping track.  "You know what day today is, and you know when Sunday is.  You count them out, and then tell Reise!"  

Worth the wait, I'd say.  

Are you kidding me right now, Chase?  Get out of here with all that cuteness. 


I do like deviled eggs.  My mom asked me if she should make them, and I said I'd eat them if she did.  She said, "you know your dad will mock me for making them and using my Deviled egg ceramic tray".  Deviled eggs are a completely legitimate Easter food, so I'm not sure why my dad would mock her for making them.  And, the tray was adorable.  Just for the record ;)


Speaking of mocking...

 That's the Don Rowe signature stance.  Nice work, Stef.  Perfectly executed.



Dekker. Couldn't. Quite. Reach.




Rugger is seriously the sweetest kid.  Andrew discovered an egg that was up too high for him to grab.


Rugger got up on his tip toes to reach it...


Then, handed it off to it's rightful owner.  Adorable!  Love him.


Rowen collected what he decided was a sufficient number of eggs, then ditched his bag and headed over to do some fishing netting.  He just can not figure out why all the fishies disappear when he starts violently dragging that net through the water!



Someone threw an egg into the pond, which was bound to happen!  No biggie, Ryleigh recovered it!


That's a lot of boy.  So far there are eight boy grandkids, all 6yrs and under.  Give them another 7-8 years and my mom will probably finally ask for some help with the meal.  At this point we just show up and eat, which is amazing.



After the kids hunted their eggs, they emptied them and then re-hid them for the adults.  We were all assigned a color to look for.  Half way through the hunt for empty plastic eggs, more and more eggs started showing up out of "nowhere".  Rugger was behind a tree chucking them into the yard.  It was pretty hilarious.


I didn't get any pictures of my brother and Mitch trying to land empty plastic eggs in the middle of a 4-foot tree stump.  They just create fake games like that.  Last time I believe it was, who can cast the kids' Nemo fishing pole the furthest.  Most of the time we ladies end up inside, and an hour later they'll come in all sweaty and proud of themselves for winning the game that they just made up.


Reise and Grandpa bonded over Angry Birds.  I had no idea she knew how to play.


They collected a few more players.




We had a great week spending some extra time with some of our favorite people, and we ended the weekend feeling really blessed.  Family.  


Choosing to love,
Becky

3 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

eeeeee! i love the last pic of all the kids so much i could barf! i can see them looking at that in 20 years saying look how little we were! look at your smile! look at.... love you family so much! :)

Elisha said... Best Blogger Tips

very fun! our lil munchkin had no idea what to do with his "hunt"...... he just likes opening and closing the eggs :)
your kiddos are the cutest

Amie said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like a great time! Love the things little kids find to amuse themselves! Happy Easter!