"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Sunday, April 10, 2011

THREE

Unbelievable.  I can't even put into words how fast three years with these little boys has gone.


 Babies...




Big one year olds...




Twos!


One of my favorite moments, and pictures ever.  Love that boy!




THREE??  Really??  I never thought this day would come.  Literally, there was a time when I actually thought there was a possibility I would not see this day.  I think I will probably feel this way every single year.  This day, seven Sallingers went to the water park to celebrate a couple big birthdays.  We had no babies to manage, no swim diapers to change, no sippy cups to keep track of.  We rode the slides, lounged on the edge of the pool, and laughed a lot.


Parents got crabby, kids got tired and whined, naps were skipped and baths will wait until tomorrow.  It feels totally normal and completely surreal at the same time.  Three years ago, I could not have come close to imagining what this would feel like.  The dreams I once had for this family have not been lost.  Deeply shaken maybe, but not lost.

Praise God for getting us here.  Happy Birthday, Rowen!  Happy Birthday, Maeson!  I love you both so much, I can't stand it.

Choosing to love,
Becky

2 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

happy birthday boys! and good job mommy for raising such a wonderful family! I hope you hubby got YOU something good for the boys b-day! ;)

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Tori! I think that is a GREAT idea, the mommy getting gifts for keeping the kid alive to see another birthday ;) Love ya, girl!