"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Memories and {sass}.

It's always a great night when there's a little of this {grilled dinner}.


And, a little of that {pond fishing}.



A few of these {cousins}.




We met my brother and sister and their families for a post Mother's Day dinner.  The sons-in-law got to stay home.  "Got" to.  My handsome husband worked like a dog in our yard, had a meeting, and got our groceries for the week.  He rocks.

This guy rocks, too.  {Love him!}


And {love} her.


That is such a classic Don Rowe face!!!  
 
My brother took a lot of these pictures with the lens that I never use because I can't get used to it.  I think he's got me convinced that it'd be worth figuring it out.  I'm posting the pictures because he's a Nikon snob and won't post pics he shot on a Canon to his own blog.  {I love him.}



This one cracks me up.  Pretty sure I took it.  This girl has become something.  I don't even know what it is, but it's weird.  7yr old (almost 8!) girls are odd creatures. 




We could do spend hours and hours out by the pond.  Such fun times for these kids to recall when they're old and grey.  My grandparents had a pool, and summers at their house are included in some of my very best memories. 





Look at that vein popping out of his neck!  Mercy.  That's a lot of strain going on for a boy with a princess pole!



You know, after a few rough days it sure felt good to get out of town for a few hours, eat 7-layer dip with reckless abandon, let my kids run wild in the back yard, and laugh my head off around my parents' table.  Great memory making material, and that's what it's all about.  With any luck at all those rough days will fade until they're nearly invisible in my mind, and days like this will stand out.  

And, I think I like {these}.  They seem fancy.  I am trying to incorporate more {fancy} into my life.  Why the heck not?  Just because I'm a stretched, exhausted, homeschooling, daycare lady, 24/7 MOM doesn't mean I can't have some sass in my life. Right?  

Here's to much more {sass}, and many more Monday night dinners at the Rowe's.

Choosing to love,
Becky

2 comments:

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips

Fun time! And thanks for NOT posting the picture that I was laughing so hard at! :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love that lens!