"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bowling and Chuck's

Since the girlies share their party...we let them choose something fun to do with the family for their birthday.  Something more than going out to eat, something we don't normally just go and do.  Ryleigh picked bowling.  What a blast.  I signed the kids up at kidsbowlfree.com (if you do it, give them my email address, I think I get some super duper bonus points or something...?).  The bowling alley closest to us is in Champions Fun Center, and they let us use our free bowling passes for Cosmic Bowling!  It was a hoot, and we only had to pay for shoe rental.  SCORE. 












The morning of Ryleigh's birthday, the girls got up super early to see if the Tooth Fairy had paid Ryleigh a visit.  Ry pulled her tooth out in her bed the night before, I think she was motivated by me telling her I bet the fairy paid extra for birthday deliveries.  Reise got up so early that she fell back to sleep waiting for the rest of us.  Sweet little girl!  


I can't handle the loosing teeth thing, it grosses me out to the point of getting goose bumps and dry heaving.  Seriously, I know I'm a pansy, there's nothing I can do about it!  I pass out most times I have my blood drawn.  Anyone been pregnant?  You get your blood drawn a lot over the course of four pregnancies, in case you were wondering.

What's shocking is, she didn't pull the front tooth which is loose and sticking out at a 45 degree angle (and has been for a month).  Nope, she didn't pull that one.  She pulled the one next to it.  It was kind of a dramatic alteration to her "look", if you ask me.  I know, it's temporary, and believe me I love her more than life.  I'm just saying, it's kind of hard to look at :)

Anyway, the fairy delivered triple the usual payment.  Bless my girl's sweet, generous, responsible little heart.  She put one in her wallet to spend, one she saved to deposit into her bank account, and then she handed one to Mark when we saw him that morning.  I saw her kind of throw it at him and run away :)  Love her so much, I almost cannot stand it. 


Rugger surprised her with a few items from the Dollar Tree.  He is such a nice boy, I love him so much.  Word on the street is, he's got a little something hidden for Reise in the house...somewhere!


Reise picked Chuck E. Cheese's for her outing.  She must love us a LOT for letting us go there with her :)




It was actually really fun.  I don't mind Chuck's.  They serve caffeine free Diet Pepsi in the fountain...hook me up with free refills and I'm good for several hours. And, it won't keep me up all night, thankyouverymuch!


Maeson loves that show, and sure didn't care that he was the only one watching.  Love him!  If he stays dry through the night for five nights in a row, we'll be headed back :) 


Pete and Repeat.  We remembered their little secret language this week, because they were suddenly inseparable over the last week or more.  They go through phases it seems like, and this is definitely a stick-like-glue phase.  It sure makes it easy to keep track of them in public :)






Whew!  I always hate to let the birthdays go, but they're just about over.  Tomorrow Reise is officially FIVE, and after a full day of her favorite meals and singing Happy Birthday at least 3 dozen times, that'll be it!  Bittersweet.  Love my chickens, so much.

Choosing to love,
Becky

3 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

i love birthdays! when people sing happy birthday to my kids i cry... it is so bittersweet to see them grow up so fast!
ps did you know the movie theaters have diet mt sew on ft? heaven!!!!!!!!

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

You know what's weird about my DMD obsession? I really only enjoy it ice cold out of a can. I'll accept a bottle if its really cold, like almost frozen. But never fountain! If we are doing fountain it's gotta be a cola..prefer Diet Dr. Pepper, but I can handle anything dark most of the time. Am I high maintenance, or what? :)

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

funny! i love all fountain pop, diet mt dew is awesome! It is funny how different people prefer completely different ways of drinking pop! LOL All i know is i love it! in a can, in a bottle, out of the fountain, im down with pop! :)