"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Extended Vaca

What a difference an hour makes.  The minute I shut the computer down after posting Rowen's hospital pictures, he woke up from a very long nap and we discovered he had spiked a high fever...again.  104.9.  He looked horrible, was barely able to open his eyes, and just moaned.  Not OK!  Not OK for a kid who'd spent all night and day on IV antibiotics.

A few hours, some blood work, and a CT scan later, we're headed in to remove his tonsils so the ENT can drain the large abscess behind them no one could have seen.  It's in such a bizarre spot, and totally impossible to see without that scan!  I literally cheered at the nurse's station when the doctor told me the verdict over the phone.  No wonder he doesn't seem to be getting better very fast.  No wonder he's still running fevers.  No wonder he's so irritable, that poor sweet little baby boy!

Looks like we'll be here for a while.  I might spring for a complete shower once the boy is out and settled after his surgery.  Not that my hair isn't still looking fab.


Thankful for an awesome, young, energetic, caring ENT who came in to get our boy fixed up tonight.  Thankful I'm not worried about where my other kids are right now, thanks, Gma Sue!  Thankful for so many prayers for my baby, and our family.  There's no way I'd still be functioning on the amount of sleep I've had in the last week, without them.

B

1 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

omgosh! how scary! hope he recovers quickly! poor little guy :(