"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Here we go!

We're officially a family with a kid in organized sports.  We've held out as long as we could to save ourselves from practices, games, meetings, and general busyness.  It was nice while it lasted!  Something tells me I should cherish this summer of only having one child's sports schedule to manage.  Here we go!!!


Then again, this has been pretty fun.  Sweet little Kindergarten tee-ball.  My favorite part of the game is my handsome husband coaching 3rd base.  Gosh, he's stinkin' handsome!  {That little pitcher is pretty cute, too.}  He's having fun, and learning how to be part of a team.  He can get a pretty good hit off that tee, if I do say so myself! :)  


Bless their hearts, my grandparents showed up for the first game.  It was h.o.t. and involved a very long walk from the parking lot.  Papa's still got it, charmed his way into a golf cart for a ride part-way :)  Haha!  Love them so much, so grateful they are a big part of my kids' lives just like they always have been mine.


I love baseball, and would rather sweat it out in the heat outdoors than be stuck inside a smelly, loud, gymnasium any day of the week.  I know it's not all about me, but please listen up children of mine, play baseball.  Run track.  Take up soccer, if you really want to.  I might even agree to learn football.  Let's leave basketball and volleyball for other families to enjoy.  Thanks, XOXO, MOM.


Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: