"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity, jig!

We were up early this morning, and I was thrilled to see overcast skies and the threat of rain.  I love stormy days, and going home to a cool dark house to spend the day snuggling with my {whole} family sounded dreamy!


Dream was right.  Reality hit at 10:02am when we got into the van and immediate sibling bickering ensued.  **sigh**  It's hard to be spoiled for a few days, and then suddenly have to share again.  Especially when you still don't feel super great.  It's hard to be shuffled around and worried about your brother, and then have him say in his little gremlin voice, "don't talk to me, my head hurts me, I'm siiiick".  Oh, mercy.

It hasn't been the picnic I was hoping for, but it's good to be headed towards normal!  Plus, I got a shower and a nap, and I plan on doing as little housework as possible the next few days.  Gotta ease back into real life, ya know?


Rowen's favorite nurse gave him this amazing quilt last night after he took his pain meds like a champ.  (P.S. why don't hospitals flavor their meds?  Thanks for offering that service, CVS.  Best $2.99 I've spent this week!  And, believe me, there have been plenty of $2.99's spent this week...) 

Nurse Julie and he became buds after three nights together.  He wouldn't let anyone else with a hospital badge anywhere near him without a fight.  She's still the only one who's seen inside his mouth, no one else has even gotten close.  The instant she'd walk into his room he'd sit up straight, and turn into the world's easiest patient.  It became pretty comical, and she just loved him.  I don't blame her.  He is pretty cute when he's not saying, "get awwaaaaaaaaay from meeeeee!!!" and thrashing around like a cat on a leash.


I'm not really sure what to expect as far as recovery, and I'm pretty nervous about being in charge again.  Any material sent home only discusses the tonsils, well...what about that big ol' hole back there that was full of staph?  Uhhh...that tonsillectomy pamphlet didn't mention how that should look (not that I've had the opportunity).  I hate second guessing myself all the time, I'm usually pretty confident about anything regarding my kids.  I know his temp shouldn't go above 101.  Well, it's at 100.5 now.  Is that OK?  Are we rounding here?  Should I recheck it?  Maybe try another thermometer?  Under the arm...add a degree?

I'm nuts, I know.  It's good to be home!
B

1 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

good luck nurse mommy :) yes, google says under the arm add a degree, (even though the school nurse will not agree with me)i hope he stays well and on the mend!! prayers for you both!