"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, July 1, 2011

From Beth to the Bars

Last December I received a free ticket to attend the Living Proof Live conference in Lincoln last weekend.  It came anonymously, in my mailbox.  What a gift!  {Yep, we drove the beast.}  At the last minute, a good chunk of my best friends were able to go thanks to donated tickets.  What a fun girls' weekend!


Would I have spent the money to go?  Probably not.  Would I have missed out?  Definitely.  It was like CIY for grown women.  I've done Beth Moore studies before, and I love her style.  She's even better in person, I just loved listening to her!  She has a gift for speaking, relating, and the lady knows her Bible.  It was inspiring and refreshing, and I walked away Better.  {The praise and worship didn't stink, either.} 


After the Friday night portion of the conference, some of us went out to see a friend's band play.  At a bar.  My kids spent the night with G'ma, and DJ Steele was working, so what was I supposed to do?  Go home to my empty house and clean or something?


I love doing life with these girls. 
B

0 comments: