"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Just three.

I love the zoo!  My "bigs" were in church music camp every morning this week, leaving me with just three little boys to entertain.  I felt free as a bird, I tell you!  I felt so relaxed we loaded up and got to the zoo with no stroller, no snacks, no bag, nuthin'! 


Lesson learned.  Just because there are less of them doesn't make them lower maintenance.  Thankful for my better prepared mommy friends who shared their snacks with my "starving" boys! :)







There was a peacock "party" going on in a cleared area behind these bushes.  Interesting!  One just never knows what they'll run into at the zoo, ya know?


Ironically, the week I had fewer children to manage for a portion of the day ended up being the craziest week we've had in a long time.  Getting up, dressed, fed and seven kids out the door for the 20-minute drive across town was no small task.  Driving back to get them at noon messed with lunch...which messed with naps...which really ate up the day.  And, I need the day!  I need every hour as it is.  I tell you, every instant of this week has been used to the max :)  It was a "good" busy, tho, and I wouldn't have done it differently.  

There's a big difference between good and fun busy, and crazy and stressful busy.  It's kind of like the "good" sore you get from a great workout.  As opposed to the "bad" sore you'd have if you were run over by a semi.  Really, I can only assume on both of those examples.  I've never been run over by a semi, and it's been so long since I've worked out...

B

2 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

i remember well when another well prepared mommy named becky had to share her snacks with me :) its happens to all of us :)

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tori
I don't even remember that! How funny :)