"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Booyah.

I've decided I have a problem with change.  I dreaded Winter ending, I hate the thought of Fall already being here, I don't like back-to-school, I want my kids to stay 3, 3, 5, 6, and 8 forEVER.  Wah, wah, wah!


In the end, I'm always surprised to discover how much I love the next phase of life.

I loved nap time over here.  Loved it so much.  Never wanted it to end.  Now?  I'm loving the flexibility in our day when we aren't scheduling around naps.  Someone wants to show our house at 2pm tomorrow?  No problem!  We'll sleep in, have a late breakfast, mosey around the Haymarket, eat a late lunch out, and head to the spray park before dinner.  Everyone's tired enough to fall asleep instantly when they get into bed before 8pm, but not so tired that they're having meltdowns through dinner.  It rocks.  Why did I dread this? 


I just love wherever we are in life so much anymore, it's hard to imagine that I'll love the next season just as much.  Even though I always do.



I love them.  So much.  It shocks me to recall there was a day I dreaded being a mother to five.  Now?  I'd die for them, would die if something happened to them, and it only feels right when we're all together.  God gives me exactly what I need, exactly when I need it. 



These are the kind of days I wish we could live in forever.  I hate to see them end, they're filled with so much fun.  Just shows I'm kind of a slow learner.  Tomorrow will probably be even better, duh.



We had a happy Saturday, a productive yet relaxing Sunday, and we're ready for the week.  Booyah.  Love it when I'm not dreading Monday (even though once it gets here, it's never so bad!).  :)

B

2 comments:

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

great blog! :)

Becky@IfTheseWallsSpoke said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Tori! I miss your blogs (hint, hint) :) I'm going to send you a text right now while I'm thinking about it. We need to get the girls together!