"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Etc.

Because, there's not really much going on around here...but so much going on at the same time. Etc.: additional odds and ends; extras.

Believe it or not, this may be how I roll for a while again, because somehow whole weeks seem to fly by without me realizing what's happening!  

I didn't get to take many pictures of swim lessons (a month ago, just found the pictures!), and I'm kinda sad about it.  I kept putting off bringing my camera because I had the baby, and my hands full in general.  I finally brought it the last day, and wouldn't you know it?  Chlorine issues.  No lesson!  So bummed. 


They had a great time, and feel a lot more confident in the water, and we'll go again next year. 


The baby has been a perfect angel 99.99% of the time.  She cries so infrequently, it's kind of event and everyone feels concerned when it happens.  She loves to watch the kids and sits contently for the entire time she's awake.  Reise is still completely enamored...I figured the novelty would have worn off by now but it hasn't.  She's a great helper!  Rugger is the closet baby lover.  He honestly probably holds, feeds, and plays with the baby just as much as Reise.  He just does it with a little less production :)  He's the best!


Ryleigh's pretty dramatic regarding her hopes and dreams for life.  As in, "you just made my dreams come true!" gets thrown around pretty flippantly.  It's still fun though, like the Sunday she spent 3 hours cutting and squeezing lemons to make real lemonade.


Hey, if that's all it takes for her to feel like her dreams have come true, even for that one day, it's fine by me :)  She didn't want to put too much splenda in, and it was so. dang. tart.  Again, who really cared?  No one.  Three hours of fun and chit chat in the kitchen while I did other baking = totally worth it.


I spent less than $40 and one late night while DJ Steele was working to spruce up my bathroom.  I love it!  Wish I'd done it months years ago.  My towel rack had been ripped out of the wall for over a year...so I replaced it with three hooks, which have been working perfectly.  I fully intended to steam the wrinkles out of that curtain, but it hasn't happened yet.  :)  That's just how I roll.  We operate at about 80% as a standard on home improvement projects.  We'll tape, trim and paint an entire room...then leave the outlet covers off for 9 months.


Maeson started preschool two mornings a week at a church down the street.  Daddy went to see him off on his first day, and this is what he brought back for pictures:


Heavens to Betsy, are you serious?  I sent him back with the camera on "full auto" at pick-up time, and he got some goodies.


Hello, Mitch Jr.!


I asked him if he made any new friends, and he said yes..."Rowen, Rugger and Reisey".  Really?  There were kids in your class named Rowen, Rugger and Reise!?  "No, Reise-eeeeee".  That's crazy!  He nodded yes with a straight poker face.  Ha! 


This is why I have grey hair at the age of 30.  RUGGER!


I'm telling you, the baby is still super popular over here.  I told her mom it's no wonder she sleeps well at my house, it's exhausting having this much attention all the time!



Our air conditioner went out again and couldn't be repaired (finally!) so our service company replaced it.  Yay!  The four days we spent sweating our you-know-whats off and not sleeping worth a you-know-what feel like a distant memory, at this point.  It felt downright chilly last night when I climbed into bed, sweet glory!  We did a lot of ice cream, sprinklers, and riding around in the van to cool off. 




Thanks, Katie, for the ice cream! 


How is it almost September? 



My chickens are waking up, which is my cue to get going :)  More later, gators!
B

4 comments:

Gu34 said... Best Blogger Tips

Those pics of Alece have to make Katie feel so good. She is loved. =) love the bathroom update too. I should have looked when I was there yesterday.

LaoLao said... Best Blogger Tips

So love all of this...thanks for taking the precious time!

Becky@IfTheseWallsSpoke said... Best Blogger Tips

I think of you g'mas often when I post these. We need a park date, ASAP! Let's figure out a time. Love ya!

Becky@IfTheseWallsSpoke said... Best Blogger Tips

WEIRD!!! I am not going crazy, I am not going crazy, I am not going crazy, I am NOT going crazy! I promise it wasn't here :)