"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Maranatha

Wait your turn.
Hang on a second.
Wait for me!
Can you please hold?
Please, be patient!
We apologize for the delay...
And, one of my favorites, stolen from my (dramatic) Aunt who used to (wait, still does) say it all the time..."Maranatha!" (Lord, come quickly!)  

While it certainly doesn't compare to waiting for eternity, I felt like we spent the majority of our weekend waiting. 

Here we are, waiting for the white van to be seen by a mechanic.


Then, we found a spot to play and wait for another repair shop to look at DJ Steele's blown sub woofer.  (Let's all say sub woofer a few times just because it's funny.  The word is funny, not that fact that it's blown.)  







And...here we are again, waiting at the mall for the blue van to get done being repaired.  Yes, it was a very expensive weekend at the Sallingers.  No big deal.  Cha-$$-Ching!

While we waited for the blue van, Ryleigh was waiting for something else.  I promised not to spill the beans, so you'll have to go see for yourself on her blog.  :)


The kids got invites last week and then waited forever all week to finally go to G'ma Sue's birthday party.  It was a very long wait.  Whew!


Then, of course...we waited.


And, waited.



And, waited.



And, waited until it was our turn to golf. 





It's not always easy to wait patiently.  





Dailee's just waitin' for the sun to go down.  



Rowen's waiting for God to make him a lefty.


(I don't know golf.  I  kind of know baseball.  Do left-handed golfers face the opposite way as those righty's?) 



It was worth the wait, that party.  Mini golf, cupcakes, and treat bags!  What grandma does that?  An awesome one, duh!  We love you, Gma Sue-Happy Birthday!

I might be a little dramatic, myself.  You'd never know it, right?  Maranatha!  Lord, come quickly! :)  I'm confident that Heaven will be totally worth the wait.

Choosing to love,
Becky

2 comments:

LaoLao said... Best Blogger Tips

and even the song selection: "WHILE I'M WAITING" by Josh Waller!
YOU, Becky Rowe Sallinger, AMAZE ME...and your blogs bring tears of admiration I'm so proud of you!!!

Marciamthornton said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE this!!!!! Seriously. Love you too!!!!