"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Friday, August 5, 2011

Phone Photo Friday

Me: "Rugger, where is your shirt?"
Him: "Inside!"
Me: "Why aren't you wearing a shirt?"
Him: "Because cool guys don't wear shirts outside."


So then, obviously no reason to ask this one where his shirt is. 


I think the helmet is a great idea.  I plan to wear one when I have to ride shotgun with that girl in 10 years... {Maranatha, Lord, come quickly!!}


Me + 2 of my favorites + the pool = best Sunday plan ever.  What a great day at my parents' pool.  When I win the lottery and hire out all my chores, I shall spend my days all summer at the pool with my peeps.  My arms were sore the next day from holding myself up on my flotation device for so many hours uninterrupted.  Bliss! To top it off, I returned home to find my carpets vacuumed, my kitchen floor mopped, and my laundry clean, folded and put away.  Are you kidding me?  Rough life, huh?  :)  Loved it so much.  Thanks, husband!


"Hurry, lets finish this trip before they're done with the cupcakes..."  


Our little readers have been enjoying their prize packets from the library after finishing the summer reading program.  I feel like we've basically lived in the van this week, but it's been fun.  TCBY!




Picked up a few buddies for an afternoon at the Children's Museum.  Rowen is basically done with naps, Maeson and Isaac can hang pretty well, and it's been fun to be more flexible with our outings this summer. Love those little crazies!  Some of them look crazy, some of them look like they're scared of the crazy.  Hmmm...



Another reason I feel like I've spent the majority of my days in the van the last two weeks: swim lessons.  I've got six kids in swim lessons 30 minutes every day for 2 weeks.  It's a lot of changing clothes, gathering towels, loading and unloading, and sitting and sweating my you-know-what off.  Totally worth it.


Kind of wish we would have set up a video camera to run continuously during this family game of Pictionary.  Super hilarious.


Nice work, boys' team.  Guess the word!  Guess the artist.  We are raising pure class over here.  Sorry, grandmas.  I know my children aren't the only ones completely obsessed with bodily functions right now.  It's such a weird phase.  I pray it's a phase.  It is a phase, right?!!??


Zooing is different in the afternoons, too.  So weird!  It's not busy, and there are different things going on all over.  Like, turtles out of their pens.



So, Maeson and Isaac can hang pretty well with the no-napping.  After a long day of swim, zoo, and heading to get ice cream (thanks, summer reading program!)...they just couldn't quite make it.




I'm loving Phone Photo Friday.  I feel like I'm intentionally pulling my phone out more to catch the random stuff we do that make up our week.  Plus, it prevents me from having to embarrass Ryleigh as much with my real camera.  

Choosing to love,
Becky

0 comments: