"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Monday, August 8, 2011

Random Night Out

We {heart} the Lincoln Children's Museum, and go quite a bit.  {I really love that we are gifted a pass every year for Christmas, and it costs us nothing to go.}  It's such a fun place with so much to do, you could go every other week and not get bored.  We know this for a fact actually, the every other week thing :)  Also, there's a room in the lower level that changes every few months.  Right now there's this exhibit we loved so much on Tuesday, we took the daddy back on Thursday just to see it.



I know it's been down there for at least a month, and I have no idea when they'll change it again, so we decided to just go back.  They're open late on Thursday evenings, and it happened to work great for us to make a quick stop there before a quick dinner out, and Clown Alley. 


Confession: I almost nixed Clown Alley this year.  I know.  I'm a horrible mother.  I'm sorry, but the thought of bringing more candy into my house...


Mitch's response, "well....we go every year."  I am a huge sucker for traditional things.  Especially things I know the kids totally love.  


Plus, I'm kind of a sucker for that lady there.   We all totally love her!


Confession: I almost nixed the magic show at the Joyo this year.  I know!  Seriously thought I'd be too scared to sit myself into those seats again.  Shudder!  I did it.  It wasn't as bad as I remembered.  Plus, I took the opportunity to help reduce the amount of sugar we actually ended up bringing into the house...thanks, Maeson.  Don't judge me, he'll never miss that chocolate!



Glad we didn't skip out, it was a fun night!


For sure, nothing I'd rather do than hang out with those chickens on a Thursday night.  Love 'em!

B

4 comments:

Stef said... Best Blogger Tips

Reise. That dress, those boots, that bag! She is such a fashion icon. Looks like a terrific day! Here's to another great week!

Tori said... Best Blogger Tips

i am loving reises outfit! OMG LOVE! :)

Becky@IfTheseWallsSpoke said... Best Blogger Tips

She's something!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Ditto on Reise's get-up...a trend-setter fo-sho! Luv her, Lao