"The real winners in life are people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." - Barbara Pletcher

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Apple Pickin'

I've lost count of the number of times over the last few days I've said, "I'd rather be a little chilly than sweating my face off in 785% humidity".  I love the chill, bring it on baby!!  Honestly, I'm probably only saying that because I have a feeling we have some warm days ahead still, this year.  Although I don't feel like we bid summer a proper farewell (never made it to the sprayground that one last time!), there's nothing to do now but embrace what we've got.  Fall.  We love you. 

On the first really chilly day of the season, we had a fabulous morning doing very Fallish things.  I cracked up looking back at this post from last year.  Same kids, totally different day.  Same kids!!  That's so fun.  I have the very best little daycare buddies, and I love their parents.  So fun to see pics of all of them from last year!


We picked up one of Ryleigh's friends (who is also homeschooled) on the way, and met our cousins there.  I'll just say for the millionth time, I'm so thankful for my giant white van.  I love getting to go out and about, and without that beast we would be stuck at home all the time! 


Brothers!  They are becoming such good buddies, even tho they're 3 yrs apart.  I love watching them be friends :)





We must have gone too late in the year for raspberries last time.  First time raspberry picker, here! She and Rugger particularly love fresh fruit on their cereal for a snack, they were excited!



I am glad apples are healthy, because these kids ate a lot of them over the next few days. 


I got this apple corer/peeler/slicer for Christmas last year, and honestly didn't think it was going to be that awesome.


Boy, was I wrong.  It is that awesome.  Where have I been all these years peeling them and chopping them myself?  Sometimes I think my mother-in-law knows me better than I know myself.  Good thing I love her, or that might be annoying :) 




So fun.  We made two giant batches of crock-pot applesauce, made some apple pie filling for the freezer, and cored, sliced and ate more than I ever thought possible :)  My left arm was literally sore for a few days from all the apple-ing.  That tells you how out-of-shape I am...


Looking forward to all things FALL,
Becky

1 comments:

Cari said... Best Blogger Tips

I absolutely LOVE my apple peeler/corer/slicer!! I wish I had the "thick slice" attachment as well. But I cannot imagine peeling, coring & slicing apples for crisps, pies, etc. Glad I don't have to imagine it!